Produce Commodity Buyer II - Santa Cruz, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Responsible for continuously identifying and determining optimum sources of produce supply. Manage DC service levels, make purchasing decisions and manage process for order fulfillment.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES
* Procure the highest quality fresh produce commodities as assigned seasonally, considering price, availability, supply support, fill rate and loading location.
* Gather market information and publish to buyers, sales teams and quality assurance throughout the company.
* Monitor business trends, including suppliers prices, quality, delivery and service performance; communicate Albert s supplier performance expectations, make recommendations for process improvement and apply supplier accountability.
* Communicate favorable purchasing opportunities to maximize sales & gross profit dollars and minimize cost of goods sold.
* Leverage product cost by negotiating market advantages based on Albert s total volume.
* Contribute to the national promotions program in establishing supplier promotions support and ensuring supplier participation.
* Responsible for processes in gathering updated organic and food safety certifications for assigned suppliers.
* Support established logistical procedures to facilitate efficient product arrival.
* Seek opportunity spot buys.
* Maintain purchasing system to ensure data integrity and accuracy, including UPC codes.
* Maintain awareness of and educate team on marketing trends, technology and food safety.
* Maintain awareness of Albert s Organics marketing strategies and competitive advantages.
* Manage product arrival issues and achieve equitable resolution between receivers and shippers.
* Assist in securing supply by determining company needs and negotiation.
* Assist in training and mentoring new commodity buyers.
* Responsible for following policy and procedures outlined in the Albert s recall plan.
* Perform all duties and responsibilities in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Strong negotiating and problem-solving skills while maintaining high integrity and business ethics.
* Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines while accomplishing team objectives.
* Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; must demonstrate accuracy with figures.
* Able to resolve issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
* Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
* Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals; a team player.
* Good computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook; competent to learn and adapt to new computer applications, system upgrades and other technology as necessary.
* Strong verbal/written communication skills; able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work closely with management to resolve problems and issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
BA/BS degree in related discipline or equivalent training & experience. 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, replenishment and forecasting with perishable products, preferably produce. Experience in organic produce highly desired. Must have good knowledge of fresh produce products, including seasonality and geography of fresh produce supply. Knowledgeable of PACA regulations pertaining to good arrival and inspection parameters. Experienced in product specification and quality parameters. Must have a valid driver s license.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.