Producer TWC News Albany
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for producing assigned newscasts and reporting news stories under the direction of a shift manager. Employee will be asked to write and copy edit for news production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Creates accurately timed newscasts that meet format requirements within established deadlines.
* Produces assigned newscasts and news inserts making decisions on story lineup, video/audio, graphics, and timing to construct the show.
* Writes stories for anchors as required. Stories should be written in a clear and concise conversational manner.
* Coordinates with graphic artists in developing the graphics for the show.
* Performs editing functions or fill in as Senior/Executive Producer as required.
* Produces and writes special reports as directed by managers.
* Works with news staff to create the newscast product.
* Responsible for accuracy of facts in the on-air product.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
* This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee may also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor and other management as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* College degree in broadcast journalism or related field.
* Minimum one year electronic news experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge of our communities and news markets preferred.
* Television news producing experience preferred.
* Good oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, news judgment, computer skills, ability to make decisions and work under pressure.
* Ability to shoot and edit videotape preferred.
* Operate various office machines including computer and office software.
* Thorough knowledge of operation and office policies and procedures. Must have ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment. M/F/D/V
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: NWNYC
Controlling Establishment ID: 00231 - Albany Watervliet Ave
Job Code: TWCNPR610 Producer - Int Exempt