Product Account Mgr - DSM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 3/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe BMC Software Product Account Manager - ITSM State & Local Government is responsible for working directly with Area Sales Management, their account teams and customers selling IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS into assigned strategic, corporate and a focus on State & Local Government accounts. This specialist will focus on working with both existing and new logo account opportunities from qualification to closure to drive Service Support (ITSM) revenue by accelerating the rate and size of deals. Key objectives are to achieve their revenue goals and defined growth targets each quarter.
This resource will be expected to be a subject matter expert and evangelist in the ITSM space and be fluent in ANY ITIL or ITSM situation. This includes a deep understanding of how ITSM fits into a broader BSM platform, the business drivers/initiatives supported by ITSM, the competitive landscape, industry trends, and analyst research etc
This candidate must be able to articulate a vision that resonates with the customer and must be able to align value to key business problems being addressed by the solution being proposed.
Builds trust with others by acting authentically and with integrity and taking initiative to lead the sales process. Works effectively as a team member but is also able to facilitate the sales opportunity by providing team leadership and orchestrating the internal and external resources needed to effectively manage the sales process. Uses two-sided discovery to uncover the key drivers of value for the customer and leverages the value of our solutions in the negotiation process to drive maximum margin for the company. The ideal candidate establishes customer relationships that enable BMC to be viewed as a trusted advisor.
* 5 years selling in the IT Space
* Selling to State & Local Government experience
* Enterprise Sales experience (Large account experience with consistent and demonstrable C level contacts)
* Aggressive, self-motivated, hunter mentality
* Proven record of consistent over achievement of quota
* Proficient in the use of applications such as, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, Excellent presentation & Communication skills.
* Able to consistently qualify, generate, and execute on opportunities that provide profitable revenue to BMC.
* Consistently builds an effective pipeline and executes on each phase of the sales process.
* Articulates a vision that resonates with the customer and demonstrates value
* Applies a thorough understanding of business practice, industry trends, and the competitive landscape to carry out a repeatable sales process.