Product Applications Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Fort Mill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
This position is an experienced engineer with deep knowledge of Philips HealthCare Advanced Medical Systems, including CT, AMI, iXR, DXR and MRI equipment. The position supports Sanmina RCT and SGS Operations by taking the lead role in implementing advanced equipment as well as training personnel in testing protocols, Creving processes, and equipment disassembly/assembly. The position will also develop PPAP, IQ, OQ, & PQ documents and monitor qualification and validation processes. The position will need to understand systems failure mechanisms, and help design/implement or continually improve processes both for Manufacture/Repair and Test. Secondary focus is on continuous improvement, including efficiencies, cost, quality and throughput/scalability. This position will also participate as a key technical resource in evaluation of Supply Base, including Make vs. Buy opportunities.
* Deep knowledge of Philips HealthCare Advanced Medical Systems, including CT, AMI, iXR, DXR and MRI equipment
* Identify Advanced Medical Systems requirements and generate manufacturing/repair solutions, including Design for Manufacturability, and projected material failure/consumption rates
* Develop and implement test protocols and publish associated reports/SOP s
* Participate in Make vs.Buy determination and implementation, including product transfer activities
* Participate, as needed, in efforts associated with continuous improvement, regulatory compliance, and other organizational initiatives
* Performs development, implementation and validation of new test methods
* Direct and train others in installation, repair, testing, disassembly, assembly, testing and Creving processes
* Will generate test methods and procedures for evaluating designs, processes and products, including components, designs, processes and tools
* With assistance of other Engineers, generate work instructions, preventative maintenance schedules, documentation for components, tooling, and processes; also, perform operator training and mentoring/coaching of technicians
* Communicates with technical resources, across functional areas, outside vendors and internal customers to resolve conflicts
* Drive structural quality and process improvements, such as quality agreements, quality specifications, in collaboration with the commodity/supplier managers
* Ensure supplier early involvement/input into product requirements and design specifications, including ECN approvals/implementation,and supplier participation in Customer design reviews
* Influence product development teams to design for quality/reliability, lead collaboration between the supplier and the project team
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.