Product Applications Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
The Linear Products & Technology (LPT) group is seeking an experienced technical lead to join our product applications team, supporting high-performance solutions in end applications such as instrumentation, industrial automation, automotive, healthcare and communication systems.
A successful candidate will be able to architect full signal chain solutions that solve challenging problems for our customers. From sensor interface to software, these solutions can take the form of reference designs, evaluation platforms or product definitions as potential innovations are uncovered.
The Application Engineer is responsible for enabling direct design-in support across all phases of customer design cycle. As part of a cross functional team, the Application Engineer supports new product development and definition, drives/creates customer facing collateral such as reference signal chains, datasheets, models, technical articles, application notes and evaluation platforms.
* Design of solution platforms (hardware and software) for application investigations and product evaluation, demonstration systems and reference designs
* Development of technical collateral including application notes, technical articles and datasheets
* Conducting technical training for field personnel and customers on product or application specific topics.
* Guiding customers through system testing, debugging, and troubleshooting.
Qualifications Qualifications and Prerequisites:
* BS degree in electrical engineering with minimum 3-5 years industry experience
* Strong analog, linear and mixed-signal circuit fundamentals, with analysis and troubleshooting, is required
* Prior experience developing electronics for interfacing to environmental sensors (light, motion, pressure, etc) and/or motors/actuators is a plus.
* Exposure to electronics measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, multi-meters.
* Printed circuit board design experience and exposure to PCB design EDA tools is desirable.
* Proficiency with engineering analysis tools is beneficial, including Matlab, Spice, LabView, Solidworks, AutoCAD
* Proven ability to form creative, mutually beneficial partnerships with customers
* Proven ability to deliver impactful solutions
* Proven ability to think outside the box at innovative ways to monetize our technology
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills is a must
* Experience in Software and Algorithms would be beneficial
Business travel required about 10% on average. One month advanced notice will be given whenever possible, noting that on rare occasions last minute travel may be necessary. Attention will be given to restricting long-distance international travel.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced