Product Brand Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Product Brand Director/ Sr. Director position leads product portfolio strategy, positioning and activation for Sleep Number smart beds and adjustable bases to deliver an expansive roadmap to meet the customer s needs and improve Select Comfort s competitive position. Specifically, this position is charged to lead category vision, business opportunity assessment and consumer adoption using strong perceptual acuity, industry and consumer trends do deliver on our ultimate product innovation goal to move society forward with meaningful benefits.
This position is charged with leading Sleep Number s product portfolio brand management to deliver meaningful consumer benefits and change people s lives through quality sleep products. The ideal candidate will have a strong capability to target consumer needs, position introductions to the consumer and a strong financial acumen using feedback from consumer insights and research, competitive landscape, product development, R &D, field expertise and other constituents to define strategic vision, product lifecycles and the execution path supporting the company objectives to deliver unparalleled sleep experiences, revenue and profit for the customer.
This role will lead product positioning strategy; including innovation matrix (Core, Adjacent and Transformational ideas), and pricing, policies and commercialization for all Sleep Number beds and adjustable bases in the $1B+ brand portfolio as well as owning the brand s product brand marketing calendar. The role leads vision, cross functional product positioning to establish customer experience and market requirements and business case returns. This role works in parallel to co-lead with Product Development Director through enterprise-wide stage gate processes.
* Deliver consumer benefit driven innovation roadmap delivering consistent value for our customers.
* Overseas the product consumer strategy; ensuring a balanced portfolio approach on behalf of Sleep Number: strategic and financial portfolio management: optimizing value for the customer and revenue and profit for Select Comfort
* Leadership of product brand management activities and lifecycles for all hardlines products (mattresses, adjustable bases and fixed bases)
* Product P&L responsibility: align pricing strategies and COGS to ensure that products are in line with overall company goals and financial objectives
* Perform customer needs assessments, competitor analysis to improve competitive position
* MRD (Market Requirements Document) ownership: partner with Development, SleepIQ and R&D teams to ensure product deliver s on Sleep Number s key product values, features, benefits and experiential expectations
* Pricing, Value & NPS (Net promoter score): optimize product margins based on innovative features and benefits that are brought to market
* Identify consumer trends that are not always obvious or articulated and implementing them into product with significant revenue and profit results with a consumer activating value equation
* Analyze and recommend opportunities for new product opportunities and innovation for the target customer: inclusive of projections for market share impact/ opportunity from new product introductions
* Work adjacently with marketing partners to position products for consumer adoption and activation
* Lead product positioning and commercialization from concept to completion while ensuring sufficient creativity and concept generation has been explored, prior to distilling to the go-to-market strategy
* Manage relationships with internal and external research and product marketing agency partners
* Motivate, lead and champion the efforts of cross-functional teams on product positioning and commercialization.
* Develop strong, effective partnerships with internal and external partners
* Provide leadership and manage high performing product brand team
* Bachelor s Degree: MBA Preferred
* Proven track record of bringing forth and executing iconic product introductions
* Strong cross functional relationship; demonstrated ability to engage teams and external partners to generate expected results
* The ideal candidate will have exceptional background in product strategy, product management, brand management: holistic in approach, positioning and definition, to concept and feasibility to commercialization for competitive portfolios
* Demonstrated results managing a P&L
* Preferred durable background with longer consideration phase products
* Experience in multiple company backgrounds
* Holistic product management experience
* Proven success in developing high performing teams
* Strong perceptual acuity and forecaster of consumer and lifestyle trends
* Outstanding interpersonal skills, organized, decisive, detail & action-oriented
* Strong business acumen and deep understanding of business financials, P & L, pricing, revenue and profit experience
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple dimension projects at the same time
* Ability to make timely, data driven decisions across new and existing product portfolio
* Experience in translating ideas into specific qualified and quantified action items.
* Ability to develop detailed plans with specific goals, priorities, timelines and budgets to effectuate ideas into products
* Strong cross functional leadership: demonstrated ability to engage teams and external partners to generate expected results.
* Ability to inter-relate with multiple personality types and functional foundations
* Strong people-leader to ensure the team meets or exceeds project deliverable timelines and functional objectives
* Ability to solve problems with multiple variables in situation where minimal processes exist
* Excellent oral and written skills
* Highly accountable and partner to senior leadership.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug free workplace (DFW).