Product Commercialization Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OVERVIEW:
The Product Commercialization Manager is responsible for leading the product commercialization team and activities with Sales and the Pricing and Offer Management teams, and removing friction from the sales process.
* Develop, maintain, update and improve commercial systems and tools to remove friction from both the sales and customer buying process. Maintain a close relationship with Product Management and to ensure commercial tools are updated in concert with product changes.
* The Product Commercialization Manager also develops intimate knowledge of the customer buying experience as well as the sales selling experience to identify areas of improvement to the commercial experience be it competitive analysis, quoting tools, ordering tools, cost of ownership tools, etc.
* Service Catalog Management - Manage the overall CenturyLink Cloud service catalog for commercial requirements and work with product management teams to fill any commercial related gaps be it pricing definition, cost definition, discount management and policies, ordering system management, connections with Service Guides, etc.
* Sales and Product Engagement - Individually responsible for working with North American sales teams and the POM team on product specific escalations and large deals. Support requests can span complex pricing, competitive analysis, product functionality clarity, discount requests, profit analysis, order specification, order management and working with the agreement team on improving areas of friction.
* Strategic pricing - Maintain, and enhance our strategy regarding pricing for CenturyLink Cloud and perform detailed pricing analysis across the competitive landscape. Lead regular pricing strategy discussions and make recommendation on short term and long term pricing positions and discount strategy.
* Business Case Development - Work closely with the Product Management team on business case development to achieve approval from the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer office and the Chief Financial Officer office.
This role maintains close relationships with both direct and indirect sales channels globally for ongoing awareness of commercial product and market needs; and connects those needs with the commercial platform by working with Product Management, Legal, and Pricing and Offer Management to ensure scalable commercial definition and process optimization with continuous improvement.
The Commercialization Product Manager is a key role within the Pricing and Offer Management team at CenturyLink. Position Objectives and essential duties:
* Improve the end-to-end commercial business definition for the CenturyLink business services and ensure continuing scalability and process improvement with a focus on reducing deal friction and delays for all sales channels.
* Work with Agreement team on product questions and supporting complex deal teams
* Improve productivity of team members via goal setting, active coaching, clear assignment of tasks and managing to team member strengths.
* Conduct educational activities and materials for education of direct and indirect Sales and Sales Engineers and the pricing and offer management team
* Contribute to the product strategy with a focus on ensuring a differentiated commercial value proposition and optimizing the buying process through all channels
* Maintain solid working knowledge of industry trends and competitive landscape for cloud services
* Undergraduate degree in engineering or business or related discipline; MBA preferred
* 5-7 years related experience and 2+ years previous manager level leadership experience preferred.
* 4+ years' experience in the service provider space specific to product management and cloud services
* Knowledge of the agile project management process. Ability to take a large scale project and slice up into smaller tasks to prioritize and delegate across team members.
* Excellent writing and presentation skills with experience presenting to executives
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
* Matrix-organization leadership experience particularly with Sales, Product Management, and Legal teams.
* Deep understanding of IT and telecom buyer personas including CIO/CTOs, Business Managers, procurement officers and legal counsel.
* Understanding of service provider sales, sales engineering and business processes and needs
* Proven track record of developing and implementing scalable back-office business operations processes
* Skills and experience using off the shelf software to create tools or job aids to simplify complex calculations, designs or workflow management.