Product Compliance Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
National General Insurance Company
Responsible for product life cycle management of personal lines products and for the development of drafting policy forms and contracts, manual rules, coverage analysis, and the tracking of new and existing state statutes and regulations that my impact the personal lines portfolio.
* Work closely with Product Management, Claims, Underwriting and IT in the development of the product portfolio, and in the processes required to generate, file, and otherwise maintain the content of personal lines contracts
* Serve as a countrywide Subject Matter Expert (SME) pertaining to personal lines forms, rules, filing procedures, coverage issues and regulatory compliance
* Conduct research and analysis on legal issues, competitor products, market needs, and emerging issues to make recommendations for changes or additions to personal lines products
* Develop contracts, policy forms, policyholder notifications and rules as well as any supporting information for personal lines products
* Independently capture and classify product language to support rationalization for assigned lines of business
* Partner with Product Management, Claims, General Counsel Office, Underwriting, and other business stakeholders in the execution of the product rationalization and product configuration process
* Track, analyze and interpret laws and regulations relevant to property and casualty insurance for purposes of determining impact to personal lines product
* Oversee product life cycle to implement changes
* Interact with other key stakeholders with respect to product features and product development strategy as well as shared initiatives, shared compliance issues, and Marketing and IT support needs
* Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other personal lines staff and for members of other Product Management teams
* Provide both internal and external training on personal lines product content
* Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 5+ years of Property and Casualty industry experience
* Knowledge of industry-standard personal lines programs of insurance, including coverage concepts, rating procedures, and underwriting philosophies
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Juris Doctor strongly preferred.
* CPCU designation preferred.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.