Product Consultant III (AIR)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160623-7759-VAG
Company Name: AIR Worldwide
Grow your career by becoming a member of AIR s Product Management team. As a Software Product Consultant, you will leverage your technical knowledge, industry experience, project management and communication skills to help AIR improve and enhance our catastrophe modeling products. This position will focus on AIR s applications for natural and man-made catastrophes, and will be responsible for developing requirements, creating specifications documents and following software projects through to completion. The position requires experience in software product management or business analysis, strong communication and problem solving skills, and a strong desire to succeed.
The Product Consultant position will join the product management team and will be responsible for contributing to the success of AIR s catastrophe modeling products by participating in product planning, requirement development and implementation activities. This position will focus on AIR s catastrophe modeling applications geared towards our reinsurance and capital market clients. This is a unique opportunity to work on a legacy product, initially, while being involved in the transition of this legacy product to our next generation software platform. Experience in the software development lifecycle, whether it be QA, development or product management, is required. Previous client facing experience is a plus, as well as the desire to translate business needs into software requirements, through conversations with internal stakeholders and clients. You should be flexible appreciate the quirks of a legacy product and adapt quickly to the unforeseen roadblocks. You should be able to make difficult recommendations and cut scope as needed to make sure our products are delivered on time and with quality.
Successful people at AIR come from many different backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. For many roles, meeting the position requirements is essential, but we re also interested in your communications skills, your attention to detail and the various attributes that affect how you work and how you relate to the people you work with. In short, we look for people with a passion for achievement, integrity and the desire to make things happen. We look for people who are flexible, willing to take on projects for next generation products but also support current products that are the backbone of our client offerings.
You should manage various and often conflicting expectations and opinions and actively broker compromise. You should see roadblock as a challenge and tackle it head on rather than succumbing to frustration.
* You should be able to advocate for best practices and change in flexible areas but be willing to accept that some legacy processes are not worth changing (and ability to know the difference)
* Developing technical expertise in performing sophisticated risk analyses using AIR's cutting-edge technology for insurers, brokers, and other financial intermediaries in the internationally expanding business of catastrophe risk management
* Creatively taking enhancement ideas from internal and external users and fleshing them out into actionable product specifications
* Contributing to product quality by evaluating test plans and test cases
* Supporting development efforts by documenting software requirements
* Collaborating with software developers, sales, consulting, researchers and subject matter experts
* Assist Consulting team in investigating and resolving issues reported in AIR products
* Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor preferred
* Ability to balance multiple objectives, projects, stakeholders and goals simultaneously and on the fly
* Demonstrated ability to include the big picture when developing products and plans for new initiatives
* Experience and demonstrated skills communicating with peers, managers, and senior leadership
* Strong analytical skills, quantitative and problem solving ability, including deep experience with Excel (or similar) and databases
* Demonstrated business analysis experience for software development including requirements management, use case development and project management
* Someone who can work independently and come up with an outline of a requirement
* Self-motivated and quick learner, with good organization and time management skills
* 3+ years software project management or business analysis experience
* Familiarity with Agile software development practices is a plus (but not required)
* Ability to think creatively to solve problems
* Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
Education and Training:
* BS degree, preferably with a technical (e.g., engineering, math) or applied science concentration
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides catastrophe risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987, and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, and pandemics globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
AIR Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer.
--Product Management/Software Development Manager
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.