Product Designer, Next Big Sound
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Pandora Media Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People--the listeners, the artists, and our employees--are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Launched in 2009, and acquired by Pandora in 2015, Next Big Sound is the leading provider of online music analytics and insights, used by thousands of individual bands and managers as well as the biggest labels, distributors, and brands in the world. As part of Pandora, we use our expertise in prediction research and cross platform performance measurement to deliver analytics and insights to music makers, the global the music industry, as well as Pandora's listeners and advertising partners.
* You create visually engaging designs and experiences that are simple, smart, and made with quality. You excel at applying user-focused design through the entire product development lifecycle- from research, to ideation and prototyping, to collecting feedback and iterating.
* You are intrinsically motivated, and do best in an environment where you have the opportunity to collaborate and learn from skilled, like-minded engineers, designers and lovers of data and music.
* You're a great design communicator. You clearly articulate the rationale behind your work, options considered, and decisions made while actively soliciting feedback. You also provide timely and thoughtful feedback to those around you.
* You're great at design, and also constantly learning across a broad range of interests. From product strategy, to interaction design, to data visualization, to traditional graphic design, your interest and expertise aren't limited by your title.
We care about your talent and tenacity way more than your experience. Whether you're fresh out of school or you're looking for your next gig, you and your work speak much louder than your resume.
* A fantastic portfolio demonstrating visual, brand, and/or product design work
* Engaging typography skills and impeccable craftsmanship
* Exceptional design process from concept to completion
* Thorough ability to apply user-centered design methodologies
* High level of proficiency in design and prototyping tools like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, Framer, etc.
* Ability to write clean, high quality HTML and CSS
* Familiarity with usage analytics tools (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc)
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.