Product Development Engineer- Cable Assembly
The Product Development Engineer Cable Assembly works within the Automotive Cable Assembly team. The role is essential to the development and launch of new wire harness projects within the Automotive Business Unit.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Develop and maintain automotive wiring harness designs from customer input gathered by the sales team or through customer meetings. The designs will be supported from concept through end of life stages.
* Provide concepts and feedback to customers, while working to provide a material list and drawings to manufacturing for quoting and winning harness programs in a timely manner.
* Build productive working relationships while communicating with customers, vendors, sales, manufacturing, and quality to express the needed technical standards, principles, and designs.
* Coordinate support operations such as design, prototype fabrication, and testing to meet customer schedules.
* Due to the regional and global nature of some projects, awareness of cultural differences and how to positively interact in a highly diverse environment is very important. Some Global travel will also be required.
* BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Required.
* 0-2 years engineering experience.
* Knowledge of wiring harness materials, manufacturing processes, and assembly design principles is a plus.
* Working knowledge of connectors and their applications.
* Product design / development experience.
Strong computer skills (CAD, Power Point, Word, Excel), Pro-E experience preferred * Effective problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication & presentation skills (oral & written).
* Ability to deal with multiple products/projects and detail oriented.