Product Development Engineer- Cable Assembly 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Product Development Engineer Cable Assembly works within the Automotive Cable Assembly team. The role works with auto manufacturers to develop and launch wire harnesses which enable entertainment, communications, and safety features.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work with customers to define cable requirements, in order to create designs for needed assemblies using 3D modeling software.
- Provide concepts and feedback to customers, while working to provide a material list and drawings to manufacturing for quoting and winning harness programs in a timely manner.
- Build productive working relationships while communicating with customers, vendors, sales, manufacturing, and quality to express the needed technical standards, principles, and designs.
- Coordinate support operations such as design, prototype fabrication, and testing to meet customer schedules.
- Due to the regional and global nature of some projects, awareness of cultural differences and how to positively interact in a highly diverse environment is very important. Some Global travel will also be required.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Required.
- 0-2 years engineering experience.
- Knowledge of wiring harness materials, manufacturing processes, and assembly design principles is a plus.
-Strong computer skills (3D modeling, Power Point, Word, Excel), Creo, CATIA, or NX experience preferred
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (oral & written).
- Ability to deal with multiple products/projects and detail oriented.
- Experience with RF and electromagnetic shielding is a plus.