Product Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Nexgrill Industries Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY INFO:
Nexgrill is a leading global producer of gas and charcoal grills and grill accessories. It designs and markets an extensive line of high-quality grills under the Nexgrill and KitchenAid brands, as well as OEM products for several global retail partners.
Nexgrill headquartered in Chino, California. Nexgrill has significant grown revenues and profits over the past five years. Additionally, we have offices in Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Africa, along with manufacturing in Main Land China.
* Create product designs for out-door barbeque grills, accessories, and patio heaters, and fulfill the company's & clients' strategic goals while integrating the needs of marketing, sales, and manufacturing departments.
* Collaborate with research and design teams, lead testing procedures and draft specification for manufacturing.
* Work on and coordinate the creation of models or samples and fine-tune designs until they are ready for production.
* Work with Laboratory to understand requirements for packaging, certification, and assembly, based on test protocols by customer and/or testing agencies.
* Identify the needs and goals for a new product, from function to aesthetics.
* Coordinate with market researchers and materials suppliers to evaluate market needs, existing competition, and potential costs.
* Create and test new products to determine the user-friendliness and marketability
* Formulate manufacturing specifications for new products
* Ensure qualities of the products align with the standard of the manufacturer
* Consistently develop new and innovative products in support of the mission and continued growth of the company.
* Continuous design and implementation of processes and design improvements for current product, for ease of assembly, manufacturing, and shipping efficiencies.
* Test new products' usability
* Develop brands and design the marketing and packaging graphics
* Identify company goals, integrate market research, and perform design analyses
* Chinese bilingual preferred
* Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field a must
* Domestic and international traveling required
* 5-year total work experience required
* 3-year related experience in grill manufacturing environment REQUIRED, including experience in gas products and components
* Industrial Design background preferred
* Ability to use Solidworks and AutoCAD
* Proficient with MS Office Suite
* Knowledge of Adobe Programs preferred (Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator)
* Legal work status in the U.S. required
We offer our full-time employees great health insurance coverage with 100% paid premium. Our dental and vision plans are voluntary with low group rates. After two years with the company, employees will receive life insurance and long-term disability insurance. All full-time employees also enjoy generous sick and vacation days, holiday pays, and employee assistance program that provide 24-hr support for all life-work issues and 3 free face-to-face counseling sessions per year.