Product Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for the completion of all design and development engineering activities for drive shafts.
* Obtain specifications and required application information from customer
* Design drive shaft components and assemblies that meet all customer and
* Review drive shaft and component models and drawings using specified CAD or SAP system(s)
* Lead release of drive shaft and component models, drawings, and bill of materials in and customer design databases
* Complete test and calculation orders to verify that designs meet all customer and requirements
* Develop Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R) for components and drive shaft assembly and lead completion per customer and timing requirements. Maintain report and regularly report status to and customer team
* Develop Bill of Materials (BOM) for all prototype and production drive shafts
* Complete internal prototype orders and coordinate fabrication of and customer prototypes per customer and timing requirements
* Review supplier and customer test reports, determine and communicate required actions
* All employees are responsible for having an awareness and understanding of North America commitment to ISO 14001.
* Support customer prototype and production builds as required
* Coordinate product development efforts at suppliers
* Lead problem solving teams to correct any design related concerns
* Lead completion of Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
* Respond to customer prototype and production complaints relating to design issues
* Recognize priority conflicts and bottleneck situations concerning capacities, scheduling or budget. Inform project management and leadership and propose solutions
* Perform special projects as required
* College graduate with BSdegree in Mechanical Engineering
* At least 3 years experience in engineering or design field
* Ability to interpret automotive drawings
* Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (G,D and to work on computer terminal/machine centers, etc.
* Hearing is essential for safety reasons; and to communicate with employees, supervisors, managers, vendors, suppliers and customers via conversation, group meetings, and/or phone conferences
* Ability and willingness to travel domestically an internationally as required