Product Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
ThyssenKrupp Presta North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout ThyssenKrupp
thyssenkrupp AG (TK) is a leading global diversified technology and materials group based in Essen, Germany. It has 160,000 employees in nearly 80 countries working with passion and expertise to develop technologies, products and services for sustainable progress. Their skills and commitment are the basis for our success. In fiscal year 2013/2014, the Group generated sales of 41 billion (approximately $51.7 billion).
Globally, the company comprises seven business areas (BA): Steel Europe, Steel Americas, Materials Services, Elevator Technologies, Components Technologies, Plant Technologies and Marine Systems, which serve clients across the automotive, aerospace, industrial and chemical sectors.
In North America, thyssenkrupp companies offer a range of products and services, including: high-performance alloys, automotive components, elevators, escalators and moving walks, material trading, handling and logistics, plant construction and industrial services. In fiscal year 2013/2014, thyssenkrupp companies in North America employed approximately 20,500 people and generated sales of 9 billion (approximately $11.4 billion) in Canada, the United States and Mexico.
In 2011, thyssenkrupp adopted a regional organizational structure to streamline decision-making and take advantage of synergies as well as accelerate new product and service development in the region. As a result, the Group established a new North American headquarters, thyssenkrupp North America, Inc. (TKNA), based in Chicago, Illinois. TKNA provides integrated strategic direction and services for all thyssenkrupp companies in Canada, the United States and Mexico and helps identify new markets and opportunities for growth in the region.
thyssenkrupp Presta North America is a global leader in automotive components technology and the leading steering systems supplier for the automotive industry. thyssenkrupp Presta North America provides the industry with high-quality manual and electric steering columns, rack and pinion steering gears, and electric power assisted steering gears. thyssenkrupp Presta North America is part of the thyssenkrupp Presta AG group, headquartered in Eschen, Liechtenstein. In 2003, our manufacturing facility was established in the South Industrial Park of Terre Haute, Indiana. Beginning with just one assembly line, a handful of employees and 58,000 square feet, the company has grown to over 450 employees and 224,000 square feet. In addition, we have an office on northeast side of Indianapolis where the Procurement and Supplier Development Department, Business Development and Product Engineering are now located. We have a third location in Troy, Michigan which houses our Sales Engineering, Logistics Distribution Center for USA, and Customer Resident Engineering.
Designs and develops new products and product improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for all design related activities on specific projects:
* Print dimensions / specifications
* Product testing / validation
* Define new testing equipment needs
* Support new design development and packaging study with Product Engineer, conduct design feasibility/manufacturability investigation with the supplier base.
* Conduct product benchmark analysis.
* Responsible for following Presta Product Life Cycle process & maintain PLM database at the released level.
* Organize BOM for prototype build, supervise RFQ process, and conduct (or supervise) prototype build.
* Develop test plan to validate new design ideas, conduct testing and Design Of Experiment.
* Define the test equipment requirements and generate test work instructions
* Summarize tests/FEA/Stack-up/etc results into presentation and present the overview to the project team, propose and define next development steps.
* Understand warranty issues and the impact the design has to it. Get historic of the design changes & supplier issues (DMR-QR). risk assessment
* Column interface study, review/generate tolerance stack-up. ensure product functionality, review/generate DFMEA and up-date accordingly
* Responsible to cascade project timing to purchasing, STA, Process Engineering to ensure project completion on time.
* Report out project status to the Product Engineer
* Problem solving
* Strong knowledge of die casting, stamping and plastic component design and process
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent field with over 5 years experience in the automotive industry or similar industry. Advanced Engineering Degree is a plus. Experience using DOE, FEA, Statistics, problem solving tools, APQP, FMEA, Poka Yoke Design/Design for manufacturability, and AIAG automotive standards.
Computer and Technology Skills:
Use of Microsoft Office Suites software in a windows operating system. Use of Q-Das Statistical, Minitab or similar analytical software is required. Basic knowledge of Lotus Notes ,Catia V-5, IDEAS and data transfer basics is a plus.
ThyssenKrupp Presta North America LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website: