Product Development Engineer 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Overview
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The Film and Scatterometry Technology (FaST) Division provides industry leading metrology solutions for worldwide semiconductor IC manufacturers. The FaST Division portfolio of metrology products includes hardware and software solutions for optical film thickness, optical critical dimension (CD), composition, and resistivity measurement systems. These products are essential for the IC manufacturers as they provide critical metrology capabilities for the development and implementation of their advanced IC processes. The FaST division is committed to support our customers to achieve performance entitlement of our solution and we effectively partner with our customers from their early research and development phase to the high volume in-line manufacturing implementation specific for their process needs. The division consists of a global team located in US, Israel, China, and India.
The Product Development Engineer plays a central role throughout the different phases of the product life cycle. This position is part of a team responsible for developing and supporting next generation optical critical dimension metrology systems as well as supporting and improving current systems. The candidate will initially take on responsibility for improvement projects and support of field and manufacturing issues for the current generation product line. This role will lead to responsibility for next generation product development, from technology evaluation and selection, specifications development, product validation, verification, transfer to manufacturing, and support of customer ramp. The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership attributes and be able to lead high performing teams to achieve program objectives in a timely manner.
The engineer must be able to complete the initial diagnosis of any system issue, uncover root cause and devise or drive a team to define solutions for complex problems. Must be able to support the detailed analysis and tradeoffs for the various solutions, develop plan of action, and effectively communicate plans to colleagues to execute. Must have the knowledge and experience to effectively work with experts in optics, electronics, mechanics, software, and algorithms as required to resolve issues. Some travel may be required for complex cases that require on-site support.
Additional details regarding responsibilities:
* Lead design efforts (or write specifications) for some components of a system, including design reviews, part procurement, test, integrate and write ECO's to release new parts.
* Contribute to the prototype testing by providing input to the prototype test plan and conducting experiments to verify performance of critical components, subsystems and modules.
* Provide input to the acceptance criteria for some incoming materials, including outsourced subsystems.
* Setup and drive small team efforts that address product-level issues (such as design issues, supplier issues, MFG escalations, or improvement projects)
* Lead development of performance and troubleshooting diagnostics for existing and new products.
* Lead product or feature introduction activities including preparation of first draft of test, alignment, calibration, manufacturing, or service manuals.
* Support training of operations and field personnel.
* Contribute to research, evaluation, and proposals for new product features in support of customer requirements.
* Develop and evaluate concepts and designs for the next generation systems.
* Drive team to resolve system issues at customer site or in manufacturing. Work with engineers at locations around the globe to solve issues escalated to engineering: establish root cause, develop plan of action (POA), guide local teams in execution of POA, and standardize solutions to improve design and/or procedures.
* Will require some travel (less than 25%).
* PhD in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related technical field.
* Strong background in engineering or the physical sciences with demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
* Hands-on experience constructing and aligning opto-mechanical system is highly desirable.
* Experience diagnosing and driving solutions to complex problems across whole systems by applying appropriate problem solving techniques.
* Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the division, customers, vendors and across cultures.
Master's degree plus 4 years experience OR Ph.D. degree.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development