Senior Product Development Engineer - Sensors (Medical)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
This position will report to the Design Engineering Manager and will be part of an engineering team focused on the design, development, and production release of new temperature sensors with a specific focus on Medical products. The position may also include application engineering responsibilities such as customer interaction, and product support activities including process development.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Design, model, and test new product prototypes.
* Participate in engineering development projects, communicate with customers/suppliers and support the MEAS sales team.
* Conduct research as directed and create design proposals.
* Generate concept designs, cost estimates, performance specifications, and production criteria.
* Identify, select, and validate materials appropriate for specific applications.
* Produce prototype, customer, part, assembly, and supplier drawings, 3D models, and specifications.
* Generate parts lists, BOMs, and provide production cost estimates.
* Physically build and test prototypes and samples and customer deliverables as required by the project team.
* Attend and participate in design review meetings with production, QA, and purchasing personnel.
* Work with manufacturing engineering to develop appropriate production processes.
* Participate in value engineering and margin improvement engineering programs as directed.
* BS Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Automation Engineering
* 5+ years experience in sensor design, sensor application support, and/or Aerospace industry
* Experience with temperature measurement technology especially NTC sensors and assemblies.
* General knowledge in mechanical design, plastic materials and processing, metals, ceramics, and electronics.
* Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) procedures from customer interaction and specification review to production release including documentation and costing.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to travel periodically.
* Knowledge and experience with statistical tools and techniques associated with design and production is desirable.
* Knowledge and experience with FDA 21 CFR, CE-MDD, ISO 9100, and ISO 13485 desired.
* Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR & EAR