Senior Product Development Engineer - Sensors (Medical) 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
This position will report to the Design Engineering Manager and will be part of an engineering team focused on the design, development, and production release of new temperature sensors with a specific focus on Medical products. The position may also include application engineering responsibilities such as customer interaction, and product support activities including process development.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Design, model, and test new product prototypes.
* Participate in engineering development projects, communicate with customers/suppliers and support the MEAS sales team.
* Conduct research as directed and create design proposals.
* Generate concept designs, cost estimates, performance specifications, and production criteria.
* Identify, select, and validate materials appropriate for specific applications.
* Produce prototype, customer, part, assembly, and supplier drawings, 3D models, and specifications.
* Generate parts lists, BOMs, and provide production cost estimates.
* Physically build and test prototypes and samples and customer deliverables as required by the project team.
* Attend and participate in design review meetings with production, QA, and purchasing personnel.
* Work with manufacturing engineering to develop appropriate production processes.
* Participate in value engineering and margin improvement engineering programs as directed.
* BS Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Automation Engineering
* 5+ years experience in sensor design, sensor application support, and/or Aerospace industry
* Experience with temperature measurement technology especially NTC sensors and assemblies.
* General knowledge in mechanical design, plastic materials and processing, metals, ceramics, and electronics.
* Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) procedures from customer interaction and specification review to production release including documentation and costing.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to travel periodically.
* Knowledge and experience with statistical tools and techniques associated with design and production is desirable.
* Knowledge and experience with FDA 21 CFR, CE-MDD, ISO 9100, and ISO 13485 desired.
* Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR & EAR