Product Development Engineer Sr. - Aerodynamicist (F&V) - WI 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Date: Dec 3, 2016
Location: Schofield, US
Company: Greenheck Group
Provide an advanced level of expertise in the design and redesign of new and existing products to complement and enhance product offerings, continually improve quality, minimize production costs and sustain a competitive advantage.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop current and next generation products, systems, solutions and technologies, encompassing fan stages and other air handling systems.
* Engage in all aspects of product development, working closely with project teams belonging to the various Business Units within Greenheck Fan Corporation (GFC).
* Work on concept development through advanced design, deploying both best practices and emerging technologies.
* Apply advanced modeling, numerical simulation and experimental technologies to study and solve for multiple physical phenomena, including fluid, structural, thermal and acoustics.
* Use and develop both proprietary and commercial tools to solve design and engineering problems primarily in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software tools.
* Work hands-on on the development, testing and evaluation of prototypes and final products and systems.
* Realize breakthrough innovation for the next generation of products, systems, solutions and technologies.
* Develop smart, automated modeling technologies using advanced Computer Aided Design systems and processes. Participate in customer interface activities and represent company at selected technical conferences.
* May have indirect supervision over multiple design teams. May provide mentoring for other employees
* Master s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited university and at least 5-10 years of rotating machinery aero definition design and analysis experience.
* Strong written and oral communication skills for the preparation of technical reports, proposals and presentations are essential.
* Experience with air chamber and wind tunnel aero testing.
* Experience with sound chamber setup and acoustics testing preferred.
* CFD software competency: ANSYS meshing, ICEMCFD, TurboGRID, ANSYS Fluent/CFX and EnSight preferred.
* CAD competency: Inventor, SpaceClaim preferred.
* Understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) principles preferred.
Nearest Major Market: Wausau Apply now Apply now
Start apply with LinkedIn
* Please wait...
APPLY FOR JOB
Enter your email to apply
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer