Product Development Engineer Sr. (F&V) - WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDate: Dec 9, 2016
Location: Schofield, US
Company: Greenheck Group
Is there anything more important to our future than clean, conditioned, Air* At Greenheck providing sustainable indoor environments is our priority.
If you re a self-motivated, product development engineer interested in creating cutting-edge technology, then contribute your talents to a $20.4B annual growing U.S. industry.
Come join our team and work within our world-class Innovation Center (new R&D facility opened in Dec. 15) located at Greenheck s global headquarters in Wisconsin. Greenheck s continued investment in innovation is the cornerstone of our success and we ask you to put your career passion to use and positively affect the life of virtually every person on earth while contributing your talents to a $20.4B annual growing U.S. industry.
Provide an advanced level of expertise in the design and redesign of new and existing products to complement and enhance product offerings, continually improve quality, minimize production costs and sustain a competitive advantage in the air movement and control industry. Work closely with marketing/sales on new product concepts, features and/or SDR's. Independent judgment must be exercised frequently. Assignments are received in the form of results expected, but employee has considerable freedom to decide work priorities and procedures to be followed.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Create new and improved product designs according to requirements coordinated with sales and marketing departments
* Develop bill of materials and translation documents related to new or changed designs
* Oversee the transition from design into production, including any necessary testing and training required for implementing new or changed designs. May also be required to evaluate internal tooling and facility capabilities when assessing the cost effectiveness of a new design
* Evaluate material selection, cost analysis, and vendors as required to implement new designs. Review, along with purchasing personnel, the selection and specification of new purchased component parts for product designs
* Oversee the prototyping and testing of new designs, including the interpretation of test results. May be required to set up and run test equipment
* Conduct and/or review the testing of new designs, interpreting test data and recommending necessary corrective action based on test data. Will interface with agencies associated with certifying products (AMCA, UL, etc.).
* Provide technical consultation internally to sales and marketing personnel and externally to customers
* Maintain close contact with the shop floor. Listen to the problems and ideas. Prioritize and pursue the most important concerns. Responsible for resolving any and all issues as they arise
* Maintain accurate and current documentation on design changes and requests
* Resolve production and/or field problems as needed
* Lead/facilitate in value engineering projects to continually improve the cost efficiency of design and manufacturing processes
* Lead any/all external agency approval (i.e., U.L. AMCA). May also be involved in technical committees, standard committees, etc.
* Review/evaluate returned goods and determine root cause of failures and disposition of materials
* Proven ability to continually manage multiple projects and their associated due dates
* May have multiple direct reports (preferred at this level to at least have some direct reports)
* May have indirect supervision over multiple design teams. May provide mentoring for other employees
Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college program.
Minimum 5 -10 years of experience required.
Nearest Major Market: Wausau Apply now Apply now
Start apply with LinkedIn
* Please wait...
APPLY FOR JOB
Enter your email to apply
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer