Product Development Engineering Manager - Craftsman Lawn/Garden
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONSears Holdings Corporation (SHC) is looking for a Product Development Engineering Manager to support the Craftsman Lawn and Garden product line by managing the product development process from concept phase to post-launch analysis phase. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated engineer to participate in cross functional teams leading the product development engineering efforts for Craftsman Lawn/Garden products including Riding Mowers, Walk Behind Mowers, Trimmers, Blowers, Snow throwers, and affiliated Components systems such as Engines, motors, transmissions, and other electromechanical devices. Engineering manager will be responsible for leading the innovation and development of our Lawn/Garden product portfolio. Specification development, project management, product and manufacturing quality assurance verifications are key activities this individual will lead.
1. Support the Craftsman Lawn/Garden cross functional product team as the product development engineering project lead. The cross functional team includes:
o Craftsman Product Manager
o Craftsman Brand Marketing
o Sears Home Services
o Craftsman Industrial Design
o Lawn/garden retail buying teams
2. Collaborate with industry manufacturing partners to innovate, develop and commercialize Craftsman Lawn/Garden products which have superior performance and exclusive features as compared to the competition.
3. Develop and Manage Craftsman technical specifications, test procedures, supplier assessments, and product validation data.
4. Utilize project management tools including detailed timelines, Gantt charts, etc. to deliver on-time product development introductions via tollgate processes.
5. Coordinate and execute Craftsman and competitive Brand product evaluations to fully understand and validate the design, performance, usability and industry best practices for the product category.
6. Conduct regular product development update presentations to Craftsman product management teams.
7. Work in partnership with Craftsman Brand Marketing, Craftsman Product Manager, SHC legal counsel and our Craftsman vendors to develop and substantiate performance claims to support the sales and marketing of Craftsman Lawn/Garden products.
8. Be the technical interface between Craftsman and SHC product safety; and 3rd party organizations such as UL, AHAM, NSF, ANSI, CEE, AGA, and Consumers Union (Consumer Reports magazine).
9. Work in partnership with Sears Home Services and Craftsman vendor partners to improve engineering design, manufacturing practices and consumer literature to ensure the level of quality and reliability that Craftsman customers demand.
10. Participate weekly in Craftsman cross functional product team meetings.
1. Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree.
2. Min. 5 years experience in engineering design and development of technical products from concept thru to manufacturing completion.
3. Knowledge and experience with electromechanical system or component materials and manufacturing processes
4. Strong mechanical aptitude and creative ability: self-motivated individual with ability to work under general supervision.
5. Excellent project management and organizational skills; ability to define problems, collect data, and establish needed facts and draw conclusions.
6. Ability to convey technical concepts in an easily understood manner, both verbally and in writing. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Proven ability to work well in a concurrent team environment utilizing strong interpersonal and team skills.
8. Approximately 10% travel (including international travel).?