Product Director Cloud Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Responsibilities
* Roadmap: Defining and managing the detailed technical roadmap for features that will enhance the stability, security, and quality of service Deltek is delivering as part of all Software as a Service solutions.
* Alignment: Jointly own and develop the vision for Deltek s portfolio of SaaS offerings. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert on the domain, the market, and new trends. Evangelize the vision and service industry constantly throughout Deltek and ensure all stakeholders are aligned.
* Evangelize: Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Use the customer's voice to create process. Own concept, requirements, specifications, release plans and post release ongoing service KPI s. Build impactful, personal customer relationships with Deltek s customers to understand product/service needs. Represent Deltek as an industry and product expert at customer interactions, industry and corporate events and online in customer community and through social networking.
* Execution: Defining and managing incremental release plans through a cross functional team of department representatives to achieve roadmap vision that you have created by working with Deltek Cloud Operations, Customer Care, Consulting, and Engineering to transform requirements into compelling software as a service features and capabilities.
* Collaboration: Our success is measured by our ability to align and work as a team. Product Managers play a critical and central role in creating alignment between product groups, engineering, and operations teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
* Enablement: Actively participate in SaaS product launch and readiness activities including early adopter programs to gauge user adoption and challenges for delivery of our SaaS solutions to customers & consulting services. Ensure that internal customers are well trained and educated on our capabilities.
* Sell: Support RFP process by being the central point of contact for responses from the Product, Strategy, Engineering, and Cloud Operations groups. Support sales and account management with prospect development and pursuits for SaaS solution opportunities.
* Grow: Working with Product Marketing to develop go-to-market strategies and to enable the Sales and Service teams to maximize the impact our software as a service solutions. Develop business cases related to building / acquiring / partnering key new features, modules or solutions
* Communication: Clearly and efficiently. Coordinate product release communications for your components. Define expectations for engineering teams and hold them accountable to success and failures. Work closely with Product Marketing Managers to promote your products both internally and externally and ensure a cohesive message.
* Competition: Conducting competitive analysis in order to understand the key trends the industry is providing around their software as a service solutions.
* 15+ years experience launching enterprise software solutions
* 10+ years relevant work experience with Software as a Service solutions providers
* UnderstandingFamiliarity with of SaaS technologies Preferred IaaS vendor: Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, NetSuite, SAP, Oracle, virtualization, Linux & windows operating stacks, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Application Servers ( Apache, WebLogic), Webservers (IIS), Load Balancers, etc.
* Understanding of SaaS Security concepts, certifications, and standards AICPA SOC 1,2, &3, ISO 27001, PCI, PII, NIST 800-171, Minimal Access Principals, Encryption technology, Authentication & SSO technology (Kerberos, SAML, WAAD, AD, ADFS, etc.), Prevention & Detection (UTM, SIEM, Endpoint Protection, etc.), Security Testing (AppSec, Penetration & Vulnerability testing)
* Knowledge of product management process and/or Pragmatic Marketing
* Strong leadership skills and demonstrated success defining and launching profitable solutions. History of strong working relationships with cross functional teams.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with both business and technical stakeholder s one on one and in groups of varying size.
* In-depth knowledge cloud operations process and procedures and industry trends for cloud and dev operations groups.
* Ability to formulate and present a convincing business case and product roadmap to executive management
* Experience leading stake holder focus groups to elicit requirements and formulate use cases
* Experience managing the complete product development lifecycle using an Agile methodology a plus
* In-depth knowledge of the consulting, AEC, discrete manufacturing, or government contracting industries are a plus
* Self-starter that can produce results with minimal direction
Deltek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Deltek, Inc., utilizes the E-Verify program with every potential new hire. This makes it possible for us to make certain that every employee who works for Deltek is eligible to work in the United States. To learn more about E-Verify you can call 1-800-255-7688 or visit their website by clicking the logo below. E-Verify is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Homeland Security..