This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Continuously improve manufacturing processes to reduce costs, improve quality, minimize process variability and reduce cycle time.
* Interface with, and provide technical assistance to, customers within assigned product line.
* Write process instructions and ensure that such instructions are consistent and compliant with current manufacturing standards and capability.
* Review customer purchase orders and specifications to ensure manufacturability.
* Order and allocate raw materials to ensure on-time and on-cost delivery to the customer.
* Support production and quality departments with design related issues through product validation
* Other duties as assigned.
* This position requires a BS or MS in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering. However, candidates with an appropriate BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, etc...) will also be considered and are encouraged to apply. We will be considering the following:
* Product Engineer -- Entry Level: Bachelor's Degree with up to three years of relevant experience
* Product Engineer -- Experienced: Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience
* Ability to obtain a DOE Security Clearance is required.
* Technical background in heavy industrial engineering, familiarity with fundamental metalworking processes, or experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
* Six-sigma certification and experience or an established track record of continuous improvement is a significant plus.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled