Product Engineer - Communications - Boonton, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONHubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business failure is not an option. So we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity. And it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Support, sustain, and enhance the Communications product line at RFL Electronics. The Engineer will focus on assuring the Communications products technically meet customer expectations and will implement product modifications based on both internal and external feedback. The Communications Product Engineer will work closely with the Product Manager and the Business Unit Manager on new product initiatives and be involved in both technical sales and post-sale support for the Communications product line.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Technical evaluation of new and existing Communication products.
* Support new product development with the B.U.M, Communications Product Manager, and R&D.
* Coordinate and participate in product evaluation testing.
* Troubleshoot, provide failure analysis on defective material.
* Participate in product enhancement.
* Communicate with customers regarding specification interpretation/clarification.
* Interpret customer specifications and applications and provide solutions, quotations, and presentations.
* Initiate and help resolve engineering change notices and requests for the RFL Communications product line.
* Participate in and, at times, lead Continuous Improvement initiatives.
* Must be willing to help with other tasks and assist other team members as needed.
* Provide field support on sales opportunities, new system deployment and field issues
* Provide training on networking technologies and applications to internal employees and customers
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
* Experience in communications networking protocols C.E., IP/MPLS, MPLS-TP, TCP/IP, IGMP, SNMP, TLS/SSL, MSTP, RSTP, 802.1x, VLAN and QOS, SONET, and T1.
* Must be able to travel up to 40%.
* Experience in post-sale customer support on communications products.
* Experience in pre-sale technical presentations on communications products.
* IEEE membership.
* A minimum of 5 years experience with interpretation of industry standards.
* 5-10 years experience in designing TDM and packet-based communications network, configuring and maintaining networking devices preferably in the electric Utility and transportation industry.
* Experience with CISCO networking equipment and other networking devices such as hubs, L2/L3 switches routers and gateways.
* CCNA and/or CCNP certification is desirable.
* Working knowledge of electric utility and transportation communications systems and practices
* Significant manufacturing process knowledge including testing and troubleshooting of electronics.
* Must be able to read and properly interpret electrical schematics.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.