This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Trimble is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to fill an opportunity in Dayton, OH.
The Manufacturing Engineer develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequence processes, and quality associated with the manufacture of parts, components, sub assemblies and final assemblies. Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products. Interfaces with purchasing in the selection/qualification of suppliers. Interfaces with quality to establish quality methods and metrics. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Supports existing product lines during daily operations. Responsible for reducing costs and improving efficiency through the implementation of lean manufacturing methods. Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
Measures of Success:
* Coordinates transition of new products and product enhancements from concept through the manufacturing process to a finished product. Achieves this by working with production managers and engineering. Incorporates changes in existing products as required by market demands.
* Develops test plans and procedures dealing with material acquisition and substitution problems, as well as technical issues impacting shipments
* Analyzes manufacturing and test defect data and trends to define root cause and implement corrective actions
* Ensures product development plan is complete and properly implemented, ensuring manufacturing resources are properly directed during the entire product life cycle
* Ensures all technical issues of product are resolved during the entire product life cycle
* Ensures product availability, quality and cost goals are met in manufacturing
* Ensures plans and documentation are in place for test, assembly, training, process, materials transition and manufacturability
* Monitors efficiency targets and goals. Recommends and reports on production process improvements such as, efficiency, cycle time, downtime, yield, resource utilization, ergonomic and cost reduction opportunities and other efficiency and continuous improvement efforts
* Works with sub-contract manufacturer on corrective actions for process related field returns
* Works with sub-contract manufacturer during the implementation of new processes and methods to ensure product quality
* Delivery of all to all product development requirements as appropriate to product engineering on schedule, at cost and to the quality objectives meeting capacity requirements and including commissioning all manufacturing tests
* Support of day to day production to allow the consistent manufacture of Trimble products that meet quality expectations
* Technical support for Assembly Technicians as required
* Specification, design, development and maintenance of test equipment and other related jigs, fixtures and tools for the consistent and quality manufacture of Trimble products
* Management of external suppliers who may be tasked with the design and development of test equipment and other related jigs, fixtures and tools
* To actively work with development engineers to ensure testing processes and development efforts are not duplicated
* A commitment to maintaining and improving the quality and reliability of Trimble product without negatively impacting the cost of the finished product
* Effectively analyse field related problems and address product issues and actively communicate information back to the R&D teams to mitigate repeat mistakes during new product development
* Working with ODMs and OEMs to ensure that time and cost schedules are met while achieving quality objectives while also bring ODM/OEM best practices back the business and actively engaging in their implementation
* Ensuring that Engineering Change Notices are appropriately actioned and implemented
* Interaction with the wider Trimble production engineering team as appropriate, to learn and share best practices with the wider organization.
* Other duties may be requested by your manager from time to time.
* Production Supervisor
* Assembly Technicians
* Production staff
* Product development staff
* Project managers
* Quality Manager
* Service Technicians
* External Service Providers
Skills & Experience Required:
* Tertiary engineering qualification preferably in electrical and/or electronics engineering
* Minimum of 10 years of proven industry based production engineering experience
* Strong ability to work proactively as part of a small self-managing team
* Proven detailed understanding of production processes with particular focus on manufacturing of electronic devices and their sub systems (both electrical and mechanical).
* Detailed understanding of test processes and tools used to validate the performance and reliability of electronics hardware
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D