Product Engineer - Engine Systems
JOB TITLE: PRODUCT ENGINEER - ENGINE SYSTEMS - DIRECT HIRE / FULLTIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: AUBURN HILLS, MI
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
This position will be responsible for the design, development, timing and production release of a system and/or component. Responsible for the following system and/or components: fuel systems, cooling systems, air induction systems and exhaust systems. Other responsibilities will include the responsibility for quality improvements, cost reduction, weight reduction and other efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
Cold End Exhaust Design and Release Engineer
* BSME, BSEE or BS-Chemical Engineering degree is required from an ABET Accredited University.
* Automotive experience. Open to entry-level candidates with a strong sense of urgency. Prototype experience is preferred.
* Candidates with level of practical experience are required -- Fuel Systems, Cooling Systems, Air Induction Systems or Exhaust Systems.
* Self-starter with strong leadership, communication & organizational skills and demonstrated problem solving ability. Product engineering experience preferred.
* Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred. Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred. Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) preferred Belt certification preferred
* Solid understanding of system/component design preferred. General understanding of NX, TeamCenter and CoDeP preferred
* Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
* Will be required to travel domestically and internationally 20%,
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :