Product Engineer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
Learn more about how Plexus Engineering Solutions can elevate your career through our video: https://vimeo.com/151433264
About The Neenah Design Center
Plexus Engineering Solutions' Center of Excellence for over 35 years, The Neenah Design Center is home to over 200 engineers and designers providing quality, innovative designs to our customers around the World. Residing in East-Central Wisconsin, The Fox Valley Region is one of the largest & fastest growing urban centers in the state, having been recognized as one of the Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes.com while also being named one of the Top 10 Best Affordable Places to Live. With a population of more than 230,000, The Fox Valley offers a unique and attractive blend of urban lifestyle and small-town culture with a wide variety of recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast, all conveniently located only a short drive from Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
About the Role
Provide design qualification and engineering support throughout all stages of the product development and manufacturing life cycle.
* Develop agency testing concepts that satisfy the customer's requirements.
* Develop, maintain and execute design verification, environmental and reliability test plans, traceability matrices, procedures, equipment, results, and other related documents to ensure product consistently meet high quality standards and agency requirements.
* Direct the development and assembly of prototypes by providing documentation and technical assistance to design engineering staff, material procurement team, and others as necessary to ensure high quality prototypes are built in a timely manner.
* Use lab equipment and debug techniques to ensure products meet design requirements.
* Develop project documentation in accordance with quality and change management procedures and guidelines to ensure project information is properly organized and archived by reviewing and understanding industry-specific and agency standards, investigate compliance issues and serve as liaison among the development team, manufacturing team, and the compliance agency (UL, FCC, etc.) to ensure product requirements are understood and submittals are well organized.
* Resolve supplier issues in a timely fashion to ensure that impact to production is minimized.
* Schedule/coordinate design verification testing, including agency submittals and off-site testing, and communicate status to the development team in a timely manner to ensure adherence to schedule and budget.
* Execute EMC, safety, and environmental pre-compliance test procedures utilizing the in-house test equipment to ensure the success of off-site compliance/agency testing.
* Develop and communicate FMEAs and other product safety-critical data with the project team.
* Participate in the design transfer process and coordinate all design related issues to ensure product start-up issues are communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
* Provide sustaining engineering support to the manufacturing team through detailed failure analysis, test support, alternate component recommendations, documentation revisions, assembly support, obsolescence analysis, and training support to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
* Support the transition of products to manufacturing by providing documentation and assistance to ensure production start-up issues are resolved in a timely manner.
* Participate in design reviews for customer projects to ensure quality design output.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business ( 10
Skills & Abilities:
* Basic computer skills, decision making & problem solving skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Possess a basic knowledge of manufacturing processes
* Possess a basic knowledge of EMC, safety compliance standards and agency processes.
* Possess the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
Education & Experience:
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or related discipline is required
* Experience of less than 1 year is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 1 or more years is highly desirable.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. Persons, which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!