Product Engineer 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Novi, MI/Brighton, MI (local candidate only...no relocation being offered at this time)
Objective of the Position: This position designs, validates and ensures designs are manufactured, cost effective and meets all internal and external targets. This acts as a point of contact with customer engineering, thus coordinating customer specifications, design, testing and prototype activities. Also leads the product development team for program assigned to including CAD/CAE/Validation and interface with cross functional ENA teams to fulfill Gate requirements and Program Development cycles.
Essential Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
* Approval of prototype content variation
* Approve supplier and plant deviations
* Checking and release of math models and drawings
* Coordinate development process with customer engineering team
* Creation and management of design workload on program
* Creation and release of prototype work orders
* Decisions in RFQ' phase regarding design and BOM content at an appropriate level of fidelity and risk to support RFQ quoting process
* Design decisions during development phase in regards to functional objectives and target setting
* General and design detailed decisions that impact cost, weight, manufacturing and function of the components, subsystems and assemblies
* Maintain key development APQP documents
* Manage ED&D work per program budget
* Manage test scheduling and part delivery with customer timeline
* Prioritize design work within assigned project
* Provide engineering feedback to other ENA departments on potential changes
* Responsible over final release of technical drawings and math models
Secondary Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
* Conduct all business related activities for, and on the behalf ofthe company within the limits of applicable local, state, and federal legal requirements.
* Provide support to, and compliance with, all local and corporate company Health, Safety looks for way to improve and promote quality.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering or closely related field.
* Minimum two years' experience in engineering role working for a manufacturing supplier- automotive.
* Prior experience with heat transfer and fluid dynamics
* Education in APQP, GD Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
* Business Acumen- Understands business implications of decisions.
* Knowledge of continuous improvement of products for manufacturability.
* Knowledge of engineering fundaments, mechanical systems, automotive systems, and exhaust systems.
* Project Management- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
* Strives to continuously improve expertise, knowledge and skills.