Product Engineering Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Product Engineering Manager direct all areas of design and development of new products and the upgrading and maintenance of existing product line to ensure the ongoing quality and superiority of Weil-McLain products in the marketplace.
_ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)_
1. Product development, design and maintenance. This includes the evaluation of products to determine the best design standards established by third party agencies (e.g. CSA, UL, ANSI, ASME and state and local codes). Incumbent is also responsible for evaluation and maintenance of current product lines
2. Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs for engineering and supports development of program management standards
3. Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
4. Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
5. Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department budget
6. Oversee and manage a team of product engineers and a test engineers
7. Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff
8. Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements
9. Facilitate collaboration and enhance communication between engineering personnel, as well as with Marketing and Sales (Product Specifications), and Operations.
10. Coordinate project resources between development teams based on project timelines and project resource requirements.
11. Provide timely communication to the senior management team of product development activities.
12. Completes large scale CR's.
_ENSURE THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS ARE PERFORMED BY THE PRODUCT ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT:_
New product developments and explorations.
Continued testing, upgrading and maintenance of existing product lines.
Proper product design and good, highly accurate product drawings and Bills of Material required for sound quality manufactured products.
Ensure ongoing standards compliance of all product lines.
Provide technical support and feedback to all other Weil-McLain departments.
Ensure projects stay within budget and time constraints
_N & EDUCATIOEXPERIENCE_
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Master's degree in Engineering is a plus.
5 years' experience in Engineering
2+ years' experience in a management role prefered
Experience in related field a plus.
Experience with Solid Works is a plus
Experience with JDE recommended
Demonstrated leadership skills with emphasis on team development.
Demonstrated project management skills.
_KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS the ability to ask the right questions, help frame logical conclusions and arrive at effective solutions.
Strong verbal and written communication competencies.
Proficient PC skills.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Our mission to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.