Product Innovation Manager 9/8/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160902-8200-RE
Company Name: ISO
Verisk has an amazing story to tell Named to Forbes America s Best Employers 2016 List and Forbes World s Most Innovative Companies 2015 List, Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. Acknowledgment as a best employer is a testament to the Verisk team around the world. At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, create a positive, lasting impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies and an excellent benefits package!
If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
ISO ClaimSearch Solutions group, a product suite of Verisk Insurance Solutions, is looking for a highly motivated candidate. The position involves proven experience with Product Management and Product Ownership.
Title: Product Innovation Manager
Organizational Unit: ISO Claims Analytics - ClaimSearch Solutions Group
Supervisory Responsibility: No
* Work with senior Product Leadership to evolve high-level strategic vision into actionable tactics that provide ClaimSearch users with a positive, seamless, personalized experience.
* Serve as the product owner for one or more development teams, leading sprint backlog refinement , prioritization, and definition efforts.
* Define and manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with relevant stakeholders including the senior leadership team.
* Leverage data and analytics to make decisions on the priority of the stories in the product backlog. Data and analytics may come in the following forms: ROI analysis, revenue generation analysis, customer sentiment analysis and gathering of customer feedback, user behavior log analysis, and known software bugs.
* Proactively research and understand the latest trends. Know our users as well as our competition.
* Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the organization s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals.
* Be the subject matter expert for ClaimSearch products and services.
* Bachelor s degree required. Advanced degree in CS, Business, or a related digital discipline preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in product management with increasing responsibility. Multi-tiered software preferred.
* Detail-oriented with a strong ability to manage and execute simultaneous projects and tasks.
* Self-motivated with a high level of initiative. Comfortable working both independently and with a team.
* Advanced oral and written communication skills.
* A firm understanding of LEAN and Agile methodologies.
* Demonstrated record of partnering with teams across an organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have competing goals.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and/or new opportunities with technical and non-technical employees.
* Prior product innovation experience preferred.
* Knowledge of software development tools such as Wiki and JIRA a plus.
* 2+ years of experience in insurance claims, special investigations or equivalent a plus.
For more information contact Robin Edelstein at Redelstein@verisk.com or visit us at Www.verisk.com/careers
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please contact Robin Edelstein (email@example.com) to get more information.
See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Verisk Analytics, of which Verisk Insurance Solutions is a division, was ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world. See announcement @ http://www.verisk.com/press-releases-verisk/2015/august-2015/forbes-ranks-verisk-analytics-18th-most-innovative-company-in-the-world.html
Verisk Analytics has also been named to join the S&P 500in 2015. See announcement @ http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/verisk-jumps-after-being-named-to-replace-joy-global-in-s-p-500
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
--Product Management/Software Development Manager
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience