Product Launch Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONExcellent growth oriented company in the automotive industry - launching new product lines. This company presents an excellent family-oriented culture.
* Planning and preparing activities necessary for newly launched parts;
* Resolving processing issues and improving processes in all launch projects;
* Ensuring compliance and completing assigned APQP engineering activities;
* Securing and installing new equipment or processes;
* Leading or assisting with tooling design and development from prototype through manufacturing production stages;
* Developing work instructions and set up procedures for new processes;
* Ensuring compliance to plant and department TS16949 procedures;
* Applying Lean Manufacturing principles to improve processes;
* Coordinating with the team to create PFMEAs, operator work instruction, control plans, visual aids, process plan detail and corrective action;
* Working with other departments in the procurement of materials, components and services necessary for the quality and manufacturing of parts.
EDUCATION: 4-yeardegreerequired; Mechanical Engineering highly preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in the automotive industry;
* 3+ years of experience in New Product / New Process Launch;
* Knows APQP processes, automotive customer quality requirements;
* Some experience or prior roles in quality, manufacturing leadership, production control, purchasing, product/process engineering, continuous improvement, etc.;
* Organizational skills and ability to handle pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Recruiting firm.