Product Line Manager - Security
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
Santa Clara, CA
Infoblox is seeking a Senior Product Line Manager with extensive experience in the field of network security and loves being in an entrepreneurial role addressing new markets using the unique data and analytics available to Infoblox. As our ideal candidate, you will have strong business and technical acumen, allowing you to become the domain expert and product strategy lead on security solutions for Infoblox security product lines.
Infoblox, as a DNS and DHCP platform, is uniquely placed to provide insight for security operators both in terms of the place in the network and the data available. The senior product Line manager has the opportunity to define the strategy and drive a market disrupting solution across Infoblox s 9000+ customer install base.
You will be responsible for driving the market analysis, product strategy and definition, business case, competitive analysis, partner interaction and customer management associated with Infoblox s flagship security products. You will need extensive experience in managing a product through all phases of the product life cycle, including concept, definition, planning, development and implementation. You will work closely with the Infoblox organization including business development, engineering, finance, IT and sales to ensure on-time and successful delivery of these products and solutions.
* Identify opportunities to pave the way through new markets
* Develop Business cases for new concepts: opportunity size, financial impact, market share, cost of sales and profitability expectations
* Specify requirements for current and future products by conducting research supported by on-going, intimate knowledge of existing customers, partners and competitors
* Work closely with engineering on a regular basis, driving decisions on feature/cost trade off, ROI and impact on customer experience
* Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve in features, positioning, price etc.
* Lead beta and customer evaluation programs
* Develop GTM (go-to-market) plans aimed at enabling rapid market adoption of security solutions. Work with all relevant teams to ensure execution of the plan
* Develop and communicate positioning of specific products and solutions to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena
* Collaborate with Product and Technical Marketing functions on marketing deliverable including customer NDA presentations, new technology overviews, product positioning statements, sales training materials, feature and function benefit summaries, competitive analysis, FAQs, white papers, etc.
* Work with Business Development to develop strong relationships with partners in the security space
* Ability to rapidly absorb new areas of technology and become an expert and thought leader. Quickly bring focus to topics that have broad definitions by assimilating market knowledge and deliver an impactful business case for new product/solutions
* Familiarity with the major players in the Network Security market, their products, positioning and strategies for both traditional and advanced persistent threats
* Solid knowledge of security technologies and deployment methodologies
* Experience with analytics, big data and information management systems including Security Incident and Event Management systems (SIEMS)
* Experience with different security enforcement points with respect to:
* Advanced persistent threats
* Security for virtual environments
* DNS/DHCP/IPAM and networking experience a strong plus
* Successful Product Management experience in the network security field
* Driven, results oriented individual, focused on execution in a team oriented environment
* Ability to take ownership of the product and solution strategy, providing a clear and achievable roadmap for customer success
* Ability to capture and articulate customer problems and translate those into product strategy and requirements
* Ability to lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver features
* Demonstrated success in managing relationships with partners, customers and sales teams, particularly in difficult or challenging situations
* Excellent communications capability for written, verbal, and presentation/collateral mediums
* BS/BA or other advanced degree
Besides working alongside a world class product management team in a rapidly growing company, there are many other perks. Onsite massages, culture clubs, onsite farmer s market, 24/7 access to the onsite gym, chef-on-site days, free dinners, free EV charging stations, onsite basketball court, SJ shark s tickets and many more perks!
It s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it s like to be a Bloxer click Here.
Infoblox is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D.