Product Line Manager / Utilities
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSummary: As the Product Line Manger you are the de facto subject matter expert (SME) for distribution grid VAR compensation. You will act as the business development manager working to increase adoption of AMSC technology at Utilities and end customers. As the primary internal and external representative of our organization; you will convey a sense of expertise in our technology and capabilities, as you serve as a key educator to our customers.
Reports to: Managing Director of Reactive Power Solutions, Grid Tech
Responsible for developing, establishing, educating and ultimately driving the successful adoption of the AMSC Reactive Power Solutions product line to Electric Utilities Worldwide. This role will establish relationships with our sales channels and end customers and be the technical SME as well as business development lead on behalf of the company and for actively prospecting for new accounts and maximizing sales potential with existing customers.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and implement strategies for developing and expanding the product line's base adoption at utility customers
* Drive the business development of sales strategies in partnership with our sales teams globally
* Stay up-to-date regarding products, technology, competitive positions, and changes within the industry landscape
* Scheduling appointments and visiting existing and new customers to review product needs and determining opportunities
* Working with customers to define their electric grid problems and working with AMSC's Planning team to develop solutions as appropriate utilizing the assigned product line.
* Providing product quotes and technical solutions documents as required
* Continuously updating customers on product changes and modifications
* Attending Trade Shows and Conferences, and gather market requirements and trends.
* Work as an active member of the marketing team for product line enhancements
* Prepare customer visit report weekly and provide via email to Managing Director
* Utilize fully internal CRM system to document results of engagements and to track progress towards measurable success against adoption and revenue goals
* Performing maintenance and updating of customers' accounts including contact names for future sales and marketing engagements
* Be a role model for the company culture
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required
* Advanced degree preferred, (business, and/or technical)
* 7-10 years Business development and or Product Line Management experience within related technical field dealing with electric utilities would be highly preferred.
* A thorough understanding of the electricaldistribution system design and operations including impact of distributed generation and latest trends in consumer behavior and impacts on grid. Keen understanding of distributed generation related to PV adoption.
* Superior technical knowledge of US and international electrical grid distribution systems
* Basic understanding of VAR compensationtechnology, control systems, markets and applications
* Ability to travel: 75%
* Excellent communication and presentation skills including writing of reports
* Fluent in Microsoft office,
* Highly Driven, self-Motivated and creative individual
* Positive, energetic attitude, focused on providing remarkable customer service
* Ability to work under minimal supervision, under tight deadlines.
* Must possess a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and be detail oriented; must have values which support our companies values and a healthy, high performance culture