Product Manager - Admissions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a Product Manager, Admissions.
Within Hobsons, Product Managers drive product innovation, creating sustainable benefits for students and competitive advantages for Hobsons. Product Managers lead the entire product lifecycle and own the business opportunity each product represents. They coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and distill input from a variety of market sources. Product Managers are responsible for the overall success of our product and service offerings and ensuring that they align to Hobsons broader business strategy. Ideal candidates are passionate about creating education opportunities for students while supporting schools, colleges, and universities.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro).
* Own the P&L associated with each assigned product and opportunity area, including bookings, revenue, and profit targets.
* Develop the product and service strategy that supports business strategy.
* Serve as subject matter expert for assigned product and opportunity areas.
* Work with technical product managers, engineering, and other stakeholders to develop and maintain product and services roadmaps.
* Engage closely with the market throughout the product lifecycle.
* Understand competitive landscape and industry trends.
* Translate product features into customer benefits and work with product marketing to develop messaging and positioning for our sales organization and other internal and external stakeholders.
* Effectively communicate and collaborate product focus throughout entire organization including senior leadership, product development teams, sales, professional services, marketing, UX, etc.
* Build positive relationships and trust through on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and exceeding expectations.
* Track results, provide insights, and make recommendations to improve customer experience and ROI.
* Collaborate with marketing, sales, and professional services to assess and create pricing, product positioning, competitive assessment, and profitability while ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Participate in relevant professional organizations to gain industry knowledge regarding trends or other factors impacting the product line and to make sure the company s corporate interests are represented.
* Bachelor s degree in a relevant business or technical discipline is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
* 5-8 years in a product management role or related field is required.
* Familiarity with postsecondary and secondary education markets or CRM solutions strongly preferred.
* Business acumen and proficiency with quantitative business analysis techniques.
* Strong understanding of web-based technologies and related design concepts.
* Ability to blend creativity with analytical problem solving.
* Ability to grasp broad product/business strategy and technical product.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
* Strong customer and student empathy.
* Passion for education.
* Knowledge of Pragmatic Marketing framework is a plus.
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets our employees. That s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits include (but may vary depending on global location):
* Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short-term Disability Insurance
* Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Education Reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program
Mental & Emotional Well-being
* Substantial Paid Time-off
* Generous Holiday Schedule PLUS a company-wide paid winter holiday from Christmas Eve throughNew Year s Day
* Casual Dress Environment
* Flexible Work Arrangement Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.