Product Manager Agri - Products
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Rain Bird Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking a Product Manager to join the Agri-Product Division in Azusa, CA. The Product Manager role will be responsible for traditional marketing and product management activities surrounding our existing product lines as well as assisting sales in an inside sales support capacity. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing or sales and should be creative, organized, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a fast paced work environment. The ability to influence and motivate others with strong interpersonal and project management skills is also essential for success in this role.
* Support and act as liaison between sales, customer service, and manufacturing to coordinate product availability, pricing, order lead-times and other customer support functions
* Develop and drive market strategies to grow sales and market share of existing product lines in both established and new markets.
* Develop in-depth product knowledge for assigned product lines; including product design and construction (internal facing expertise), as well as installation, usage, and application experience (user facing expertise).
* Champion a "quality first" orientation and lead efforts to improve product quality for assigned product lines.
* Regularly meet with sales and customers to identify product, marketing, and sales growth opportunities. Share insights with the broader AG team.
* Develop new and/or update existing literature, training materials, and other marketing tools.
* Research business intelligence on competitors, customers, and market trends to develop positioning, pricing and growth strategies for product initiatives.
* Bachelordegree in business, marketing, or other relevant area required
* 3-5years of combined sales, marketing, channel management and/or product development experience
* Excellent multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritize to get results
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, MS Project, Outlook).
* Position requires approximately 20% overnight travel
* Product / Brand Management experience
* Background in agricultural production/irrigation, turf, and/or grounds care markets
* Experience with customer-facing roles such as sales or customer service
* Experience within a manufacturing organization
* Bilingual in English and Spanish
_RAIN BIRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER._