This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Apex Tool Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis is an opportunity to help grow a key strategic segment of Apex Tool Group's business. The Product Manager, reports to the Sr. Product Manager, and is accountable for formulating, developing, implementing and effectively managing strategic worldwide marketing plans, programs and objectives to provide for sustained and profitable growth of all assigned product lines in all markets consistent with strategic objectives.
* Leads new product development initiatives including a profitability and life cycle review of all products within assigned categories and brand(s). Has the responsibility to structure, restructure and adjust standard and promotional pricing.
* Leads voice of customer initiatives to identify opportunities for new products, product line adjacencies and product improvements
* Develops and recommends annual and long-range domestic marketing plans, supporting forecasts and budgets to provide reasonable and accurate input for planning and goal setting processes.
* Establishes marketing objectives for brand/product planning and schedules of marketing activities to achieve these objectives.
* Recommends reviews and monitors the implementation of sales promotion and advertising programs and materials, contributing to the stimulation of sales volume, growth and enhancement of product image and presence in the marketplace.
* Analyzes, evaluates and recommends changes in the product line, packaging and pricing structure to optimize profitability, maintain competitiveness and increase market share.
* Collects, analyzes, assesses and reports current market research and product sales performance information to provide management the means to respond to shifts in market behavior, trends and conditions in a timely manner.
* Continually asses problems, progress, trends and opportunities contributing to the preservation and further development of the product market position and profitability.
* Develops brand strategies that set the marketing direction for the brand vision.
* A Bachelors degree in business, marketing, or related field.
* Five to seven years of marketing experience
* Selling or customer contact
* End-user work and new product introduction experience (Big Box Retail customers preferred)
* Strategic planning experience
* Product Process Management Experience a plus
* Cross-functional team
* Exceptional computer skills - (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word). Database skills a plus.