Product Manager - Complex Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MN-Maple Grove
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 289572
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Interventional Cardiology (IC) we design, develop, and produce technologies for diagnosing and treating coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular disorders. Medical conditions we provide solutions for include: cardiovascular diseases, coronary artery disease, acute myocardial infarction. We are able to provide a numberof solutions to patients that include: drug-eluting stents, bare-metal stents, catheters, balloons, guide wires, coronary atherectomy and coronary intravascular ultrasound. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in interventional treatments.
Support the Complex PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) Franchise in developing and implementing marketing programs in-country in line with defined marketing plans and budgets, conduct investigative research to assess brand image, market share and growth opportunities, implement product launches, and support sales team with training and tracking effectiveness of marketing programs against set goals.
- Marketing Strategy Planning: Contribute to the development of marketing plans, ensure effective implementation of marketing plans for coronary stent products in the United States in line with the overall franchise goals and marketing strategy
- Business Planning (AOP): Track brand/market performance of product, analyze issues and action plan development within defined AOP and assist in the development of the franchise budget (including travel, promotion, advertising, etc.) and plans. Support AOP and forecasting cycle market and revenue forecasting.
- Market (Market Conditions, Customers, Competitors) Analysis: Conduct analysis of competitor activities, customer needs, technology and infrastructure, therapy adoption etc. relevant to own products in-country in order to analyze impact of market conditions, guide local franchise operations teams, report back to the regional (FMM, Sales Operations) and Global team & highlight possible modifications to the regional/ franchise marketing plan
- Marketing Operations: Lead execution of marketing plans for own products/ portfolio, coordinate with internal functions and external service providers, monitor on ground execution of programs/ conferences/ events/ promotions etc., troubleshoot, ensure the right set of metrics are in place for tracking success & determine corrective actions in line with AOP, provide timely and accurate MIS on operations
- Product Life Cycle Management: Execute product plans for US market and franchise in line with overall objectives; execute new product launches as required in coordination with cross functional teams; plan and monitor inventories in line with sales requirements; highlight variances and track & report portfolio performance
- Marketing Communications: Support development of key marketing communications around own portfolio, work closely with agencies and media to develop right messaging and its delivery; seeking regional and global approvals; tracking the effectiveness of the communication (Brand track) to drive differentiation for own portfolio
- Stakeholder Relationship Management: Establish relationships with KOLs in the field; Identify key Physician champions for franchise; Develop support structure and relationship with sales representatives and sales management; responsible for developing and maintaining regional key opinion registers; assist in coordinating Physician symposiums and participates in main customer events
- Sales Enablement (POA): Develop annual POA objectives and deliverable plan. Review plan quarterly with key stakeholders. Understand and align own activities to POA and marketing objectives, map development needs & periodically conduct training for the sales teams (product/ positioning/ therapy/ clinical messaging etc.); ensure dissemination of the marketing collateral to sales teams and KOLs, provide guidance on product queries, monitor inventories and provide support to sales as required. Develop metrics for tracking POA objectives and partner with FMM to execute to plan.
- Sales Communication: Own weekly SmartBrief content schedule, content development, and execution. Partner with Global Marketing to prioritize and execute weekly Sales Communication content. Responsible for tracking key metric, Sales Force awareness, and understanding of communicated content.
- Quality: Ensures awareness and compliance with applicable standard operating procedures to meet, comply and champion all quality and regulatory commitments of Boston Scientific; As interface to Customer and Sales Organization has direct responsibility to facilitate, share documents and process to identify, notify and ensure any complaint or problem are addressed, thereby demonstrating high commitment to Quality in all interactions and behaviors; Responsible to facilitate and champion the quality requirements and the message of compliance to internal and external customers for all events and campaigns.
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures. For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- MBA with 4-6 years of relevant experience in marketing roles; Industry background in FMCG/ Consumer Durables/ healthcare
- Medical device experience is preferred
- Prior Product Management Experience preferred, including strategic commercialization
- Market Development Experience preferred
- KOL engagement and experience preferred
- Sales experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel 30% domestically
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MN-Maple Grove||(n/a)||Marketing & Communications||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Law, Marketing Manager, Product Manager, Communications, Marketing, Legal, Operations