Product Manager - Consumer Safety
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONKey Responsibilities
* Responsible for development of cell-based, in-vitro safety and toxicity testing product line directed for the cosmetics/personal care industry
* Identify areas that have the highest potential for growth for the product line
* Lead new product development from ideation through commercialization, including voice of customer capturing, definition of product requirements, launch, and post-launch sales support and analysis
* Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by visits to customers and non-customers
* Manage and track accurate product line forecasting and revenue targets
* Help define product line long-term strategy and create product line roadmap
* Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
* Be an expert with respect to the market and the competition
* 3+ years of experience in product management, marketing, tactical marketing, technical support, R&D, sales or some combination thereof
* B.S. in a Life Sciences discipline is required (MS or PhD preferable), advanced degree such as MBA or demonstrated course work towards an advanced degree is a plus.
Experience & Key skills
* Experience with cosmetics / personal care industry is required
* Understanding of cell-based assays and/or genome editing
* Understanding of the principles and techniques used in modern life science research
* Understanding of the market dynamics within the life science research and cosmetics/personal care market
* Display a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing offerings
* Technical expertise with mining business intelligence databases such as SAP and CRM
* Proven ability to communicate with customers, both internally and externally, at many different levels of the organization
* Solid reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues and perform prioritization exercises
* Organized, with ability to manage and prioritize several projects simultaneously
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills in a competitive environment
Must be able to travel up to 25% of time, some international travel maybe required. The person in this role may work remotely from anywhere in the United States or Europe.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.