This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Product Manager (PM II) for Analytical Workflow Tools.
MilliporeSigma, a leader in providing products and services to the bioscience industry, is searching for a Product Manager for its Analytical Workflow Tools product line. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual, ideally with tactical marketing experience as well as analytical laboratory experience, to be a key part of a dynamic team in a customer-oriented environment.
At MilliporeSigma, the overall responsibility of the Product Management group is to integrate the various segments of a business into a strategically focused program that maximizes the value of a portfolio of products and applications. Product Managers work directly with customers and industry thought leaders to assess the process and technology needs of the marketplace and the underlying assumptions that are broadly held. Product Management Team members are champions and empowered drivers in the process to bring technology and products to our customers. This position is based in Danvers, MA and reports into the Director of Product Marketing for Analytical Workflow Tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop knowledge of market, competitors, and customer needs that drive the strategy and product positioning that will ensure strong and regular growth in accordance with the global Business Field strategy.
* Perform detailed sales, orders, and margin trend analysis. Develop strong knowledge of product line trends, sufficient to provide demand forecasts on regular basis and to evaluate opportunities/ threats for business.
* Develop product and market knowledge through customer and end user visits, worldwide market research, and scientific paper reviews.
* Regularly communicate/report on competitors to the global sales and marketing organizations with regard to new and existing products, positioning, and pricing.
* Track and evaluate customer satisfaction and customer product complaints, including trends in resolution of customer complaints and assessment of service and support needs.
* Identify new markets, channel optimization, and/or applications opportunities to maximize sales of existing products.
2. Develop strategic/tactical marketing plans by developing product positioning and implementing marketing initiatives.
* Act as a global source for key commercial product line information, particularly in terms of defining product offering, establishing pricing and discounting strategy, and providing tools necessary for successful implementation.
* Work with Marketing Communications to ensure appropriate project planning and delivery of marketing materials. Propose marketing communications mix and activities for product lines.
* Participate with departmental management, field marketing, and the sales team in the review and implementation of the market plan for the assigned business area.
3. Drive long-term revenue growth through innovation with long-term product development plans and successful new product development and launch.
* Lead multi-department teams, including Engineering, R&D, Manufacturing, and Quality to develop and commercialize new products or platforms.
* Coordinate field trials, marketing surveys, and customer focus groups. Provide follow-up customer support in order to ensure an in-depth understanding of customer needs and potential opportunities. Translate customer voice into product development plans with support from the Group Product Manager.
* Monitor project plan to ensure accurate and timely completion, and compliance with customer requirements.
* Develop launch plans, including creation of content and selling tools, and coordinate development with Marketing Communications.
* Monitor the success of new products launched; analyze the effectiveness of recent projects. Develop and produce project-related reports as requested by supervisor.
4. Support key product line management functions, including evaluation of product lifecycle and profitability, coordinating with manufacturing as needed on critical product issues, and facilitating interactions/requirements of key functions (Finance, Quality, Planning, Manufacturing, Customer/Technical Service). Responsible for contribution margin of product line with focus on revenue and margin growth within product segment. Responsible for analysis and maintenance of product supply partnerships.
* Bachelor's degree in a scientific field with graduate degree/MBA preferred (or equivalent experience)
* Minimum 4 years of experience in a Life Science or Pharmaceutical environment. Some hands-on laboratory experience desirable.
* Related product management experience supporting similar products or range of products, including commercial sales, marketing, or business development associated with commercializing research reagents/services to the biological products preferred.
* Demonstrated verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work cross-functionally.
* Strong analytical skills required. Previous experience in revenue forecasting, NPV and market analysis, and marketing/customer analysis opportunity size development preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer software in a business environment, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
* Proven understanding of product positioning, merchandizing and promotion, and new product development. Prior product management or marketing and sales experience in the Life Science industry would be an advantage.
* Good organizational skills, including the ability to be flexible to changing priorities and needs. Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy combined with proven ability to multi-task.
* Demonstrated strategic business skills and people management preferred.
* Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally. Travel may be approximately 25-30%
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.