Product Manager-Electronics-SleepIQ Platform
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
The Product Development Manager, Electronics and Firmware will lead the development of new products, product categories and ongoing in market product platform releases from concept to launch; with focus on the development of customer & technical requirements and critical development schedules. New and in market product development will require significant cross-functional leadership to bring products and enhancements to market and will involve leadership of multi-year, multi-million dollar development projects. Leading development activities will require strong project management capabilities, business acumen and engagement through all phases of the development cycle and will include regular reviews with senior management to ensure alignment on business objectives and resource allocation.
* Responsible for the development, validation, launch and ongoing platform maintenance of the SleepIQ electrical and firmware platforms
* Manage technical and cross-functional timelines to ensure projects are on track and on budget to deliver against the market requirements
* Manage the interdependencies to the SleepIQ Technology platform local and cloud based software platforms
* Partner with the SleepIQ application development team to define clear handoffs both technically and within program level dependencies
* Develop and support the customer experience validation plan including the development of clear test objectives and definition of successful completion
* Develop and manage the development of the product requirements
* Understand technology lifecycle and trends
* Perform analysis and evaluation of options, alternatives of product development paths in an agile manner
* Actively resolve any open issues with new products coming to market, working cross functionally with business and supply partners
* Develop and manage lab based and in home product validation testing with engineering and consumer insights
* Understand trends in the industry and with the competition
* Emotional Intelligence, passion for customer advocacy, desire to become a subject matter expert on the products released
* Engage in ongoing market research through direct customer contact and surveys, trade shows and journals, sales evaluations, monitoring competitors and industry trends, store visits and vendor contact.
* Generate relevant insights for the business and exploit them to create products that will be endeared by our customers
* The ideal candidate will have exceptional background in product strategy, project management and communications
* 3-6 years experience; technical project/program management, product management, product development experience are ideal
* Experience with electronics and software development required
* Experience and strong knowledge of a stage gate development process
* Proven track record of bringing forth and executing projects on time and on budget
* Experience managing a connected software product platform desired proven track record of managing a waterfall hardware platform in parallel to an agile software platform
* Strong cross functional leadership: demonstrated ability to engage teams and external partners to generate expected results
* Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a high energy, fast paced environment
* Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, and communication (written and verbal) skills
* Excellent organizational skills ability to prioritize multi-task oriented
* Attention to detail with strong critical thinking skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
* Experience in working with globally dispersed teams
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field required
* MBA preferred
* Skilled in the Microsoft office suite, with strong knowledge of Microsoft project
* Understanding of connected cloud based product platforms
* Experience with Jira, Test Rails
* Knowledge of FCC, UL and ETL
* Understanding of modular design concepts both Mechanically and via Software
* Ability to travel 5-10% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug free workplace (DFW).