This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Style Crest, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONProduct Manager - HVAC
Style Crest, Inc. is a 45-year-old privately held company that specializes in manufacturing, distribution and installation of building products designed for manufactured homes and residential site built homes. As we continue to grow and expand our national presence, we have an excellent opportunity available for a PRODUCT MANAGER of our heating and cooling (HVAC) and manufactured housing product lines.
The PRODUCT MANAGER is responsible for planning and executing the product line offering throughout the product's life cycle and to participate in the successful introduction of new products to support our manufactured housing distribution business and HVAC product lines. The PRODUCT MANAGER will also lead the development of plans to support the marketing and selling for all product categories within our Manufactured Housing Product Group and HVAC offering including identifying and recommending other related product opportunities that are deemed a good business fit for the company. The PRODUCT MANAGER will also support the sales organization by assisting the team with presenting the product and business opportunity to target accounts, securing new business, and growing existing business. As a PRODUCT MANAGER, your responsibilities will include:
PRODUCT AND MARKET RESEARCH
* Conduct and keep current any required competitive analysis for each product category being managed on an annual basis.
* Monitor the market to identify trends, opportunities, and threats that would be reflected in recommended product and marketing plans to leadership.
* Present and recommend one, two and three year product plans to the leadership on an annual basis for review.
PRODUCT LINE MANAGEMENT & EVALUATION
* Evaluate the current product offering and present an annual plan for changes, improvements, additions and deletions based on sales and profit potential, market place changes, and competitive shifts.
* Work with external third parties to assess partnerships, track and communicate their performance, and recommend direction.
* Develop, present, recommend and implement short term and long term strategic plans for assigned categories to meet sales and earnings goals.
* Provide forecast and inventory input to Purchasing.
* Maintain and keep current all product technical specifications and certification requirements.
* Establish product warranty policies and procedures for all required products.
* Establish class/subclass/part numbers/descriptions for all new products.
* Ensure that warranty and service policies/processes are kept up-to-date including homeowner contract services.
* Work closely with Warranty and Technical Services group and vendor partners to insure consistent application of warranty standards, track quality issues, and drive resolution of problems.
* Develop an annual marketing plan to identify the requiredsales support and promotion for each product line managed. The marketing plan should identify the requirements for communications, sales and customer training, support collateral, pricing, promotion, programs and launch requirements.
* Lead the work and recommend the right mix of marketing collateral and sales tools to properly support the sell-through of managedproduct lines. Collaborate with sales and customers for critical insights.
* Produce and distribute product bulletins and announcements including changes, deletions and additions.
* Ensure that the value proposition and features and benefits for each product are communicated properly in all marketing and merchandising materials and sales tools.
* Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to recommend the annual marketingbudget to properly support the business growth objectives for the identified products.
PRODUCT DATA MANAGEMENT
* Ensure all marketing and product data information is up-to-date and accurate in our systems and on our web site.
* Lead the communications of information to the appropriate departments (i.e. purchasing, manufacturing, web site management) for others to input the data.
* New product lines and product line expansion set-ups - NPR (New Product Request) forms to purchasing with appropriate information for system set-up.
* Collaborate with and assist the sales organization to assure consistent and appropriate sales presentation materials are developed and being used.
* Make key account sales calls with the sales team to present opportunities with products and marketing.
* Collaborate with sales administration, outside sales and distribution to process customer/product conversions.
* Assist in the development and delivery of product training for both inside and outside sales, and customers as needed. Conduct monthly Sales Center product training.
Qualified candidates must have knowledge of heating and cooling (HVAC) products preferably for residential application. This role requires 5+ years of demonstrated success in marketing, product/category management and/or sales and a bachelor's degree in marketing, sales and/or other business related field. Knowledge of the manufactured housing/mobile home and building products industries is a plus. Candidates must possess strong knowledge and understanding of marketing principles and product management with a strong interest in new product development and launch strategy. The role requires excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills. Candidates must have the ability to interact with internal associates at all levels of the organization and third party vendors. This role requires excellent presentation and communication (verbal & written) skills with the ability to train others on the product lines. Candidates must be process and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects successfully at the same time. Proficient use of the Microsoft Office products is required. Candidates must be willing to travel as needed. This position is located at our corporate office in Fremont, Ohio.