Product Manager - Global CPG / Industrial Brand 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Strategy
* Work cross functionally to champion development and execution of strategic and competitive vision.
* Identify new business needs, as well as growth opportunities. Define and develop associated investment plans through cross functional collaboration.
* Coordinate market and competitive intelligence. Collect, analyze and effectively communicate market trends, customer demands and competitor strategies.
* Visit customers, trade associations and customers to understand current trends and competitive challenges
Multi Generation Product Planning
* Develop and execute 1-3 year product development roadmap for product line growth and profitability.
* Work with Business Development, Sales and R&D to define needs for next generation products.
* Manage the allocation of technical resources to the most impactful projects.
* Manage all aspects of new product launches.
Product Line Profitability
* Work with finance and sales to develop new product/customer quotes.
* Manage pricing strategies and monitor channel conflict.
* Champion cost reduction projects to reduce margin erosion on mature products.
* Keep abreast of changes in equipment/process technology to improve cost position.
* Work closely with Supply Chain function in order to understand raw material trends.
Support of Existing Business
* Determine clear product positioning and communication strategies. Manage product positioning vehicles, including website, tradeshows, direct mail, advertising, sell sheets, research and presentations.
* Lead cross-functional team to bring solutions to chronic quality and services issues.
* Work with commercial, operations and supply chain team to define service requirements.
* Help in setup of new or modified products including defining packaging requirements and art work.
* Support daily tech service and sales needs.