Product Manager, HIV HCP Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
The Gilead Marketer, HIV HCP PM/APM will be responsible for the execution of the strategic and tactical activities associated with building and reinforcing market leadership for Gilead s HIV portfolio. This includes implementation of the HCP strategy, ensuring alignment with the overall brand and franchise strategies.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
* Develops and leads key elements of the brand strategic and tactical plan to the HCP audience
* Defines operational plan for delivering against marketing launch strategy and drives implementation by engaging external agencies, internal cross-functional partners. Regularly measures the success of initiatives
* Provides strategic and tactical input on key planning teams such as conventions and sales meetings
* Works cross-functionally with Sales, Legal, Regulatory, Medical, Market Research, Managed Markets and other key internal stakeholders
* Gains approval for marketing materials through internal review process including management reviews and Med-Legal-Reg. Secures final production
* Ensures that all marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
* Manages marketing budget and project timelines
* May run workshops at advisory boards in conjunction with Opinion Leader Promotions (OLP) and the medical department
* Establishes strong working relationships with local and national level Key Opinion Leaders
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
* Must have the ability to conduct analysis and use complex analytical tools.
* Must have a demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
* Must possess strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills and ability to efficiently and productively communicate to a variety of groups and audiences.
* Must have a demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials.
* Strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute development strategy.
* In-depth ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans.
* Strong presence with ability to command respect through exercise of sound business judgment and clear decision-making is required.
* Experience coordinating cross-functional teams or work groups as well as direct reports.
* Ability to successfully work with external agencies, including advertising, public relations and medical education vendors to develop programs and materials is required.
* Demonstrated ability to manage budgets is required.
Familiarity with marketing fundamentals, strategy, sales and commercial policies and practices.
Previous experience in marketing research and/or pharmaceutical sales desired.
* 6+ years of bio-pharmaceutical industry marketing and/or sales experience
* Bachelor s degree in marketing or related fields (required); MBA (preferred)
* MBA or other advanced business degree is desired.
* Therapeutic Area knowledge preferred.
* Experience with Advocacy, Community and National Health systems and services are preferred.
* Canada & Managed Markets
* Note: Manager is the entry point for these career paths.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :