Product Manager II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Black Knight Financial Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONBlack Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems, data and analytics offerings, and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Manages life cycle product planning activities and high quality delivery of BKFS products, enhancements, and releases to market. Defines product roadmap to meet market requirements in support of product line strategy by considering position in life cycle, product profitability, pricing strategies, client satisfaction, and sales success rate.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages product plan by ensuring changes in market and business priorities, including integration needs and technology advancements, are reflected.
* Presents status updates at quarterly and annual stakeholder meetings.
* Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
* Prepares and presents product plans. Identifies risks and challenges, opportunities and growth strategies, business integration needs, and retirement plans.
* Prepares and presents product roadmap reviews as well as providing product's general strategic direction.
* Manages project inventory during budget planning process, interlocks on all companion activity, and prioritizes as necessary to execute against plan throughout the year.
* Determines release dates.
Monitors and understands product's profit and loss statement.
* May be responsible for revenue and profitability of assigned products.
Provides content for product roadmaps, ensures timely delivery, and provides business reasons for any changes/revisions made to roadmaps.
Engages and interacts with clients during feedback sessions, focus groups, user groups, and requirements gathering sessions. * Practices open and honest communications with clients.
* Acts as product launch manager when appropriate for new products or rollouts of major releases.
* Collaborates with senior management to provide content for market messages, sales collateral, and as needed RFPs (request for proposal).
* Completes business scope documents, and defines and documents user personas for individual products.
* Manages vendor relationships key to product delivery.
* Collaborates with vendor support managers for oversight and maintenance of all secondary and support vendor relationships.
* Interacts with key suppliers and partners.
* Coordinates and facilitates pilot activities acting as primary contact with client, securing pilot agreement, and monitoring progress.
* Determines success criteria and recommends "go / no go" decision.
* Acts as escalation point for client issues that require product change resolution (does not include standard problem escalation process).
* Determines and approves all service level agreements (SLAs) related to products and includes with business scope documents.
* Works closely with development teams to review enhancement requests for strategic value and align resources to high priority project.
* Presents product information and industry thought leadership to external audiences in webinars and client conferences.
* Provides presentations to clients during business reviews, prospect briefings, and internal group meetings.
* May require up to 40% travel.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Thorough knowledge of BKFS products supported
* Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision, and executive presence
* Effective presentation and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products
* Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
* Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
* Client relationship management skills, understanding and focusing on clients' needs, establishing credibility and building positive, professional, relationships with clients
* Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
* Requires strong time management skills, attention to detail, and must be resourceful
* Analytical, problem solving skills
* Project management skills, ability to prioritize and complete tasks
* Requires leadership and negotiation skills
* Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Additional information/Preferred Skills:
Ideal candidate will have advanced Excel skills, and experience with PowerPoint or SharePoint. Knowledge of mortgage investor reporting is preferred (a plus, however, not required). Knowledge of MSP is also preferred (a plus, however, not a requirement).
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Intermediate managerial role that manages through subordinate managers/supervisors the activities for multiple products including one major application and having responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to team members within latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to team members in meeting schedules and/or resolving problems. Develops and administers schedules, p-performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities. Monitors and influences the product revenue and profitability through the client relations, sales and marketing, IT, client services, product support and/or professional services organizations, Typically requires a minimum of seven years of experience in the financial services industry (preferably in product management discipline) as well as some client relationship management or consulting services experience.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer