This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world-leading provider of software for a safer, smarter and greener future in the energy, process and maritime industries. Our solutions support a variety of business critical activities including design and engineering, risk assessment, asset integrity and optimization, QHSE, and ship management. Our worldwide presence facilitates a strong customer focus and efficient sharing of industry best practice and standards.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL - Software is seeking a Product Manager. The Software Product Manager will manage existing products in the Simulation & Optimization product line (Synergi Gas and Synergi Pipeline Simulator SPS) as well as new product offerings to be built upon the foundation of these industry-leading solutions. This will include the analysis of current and on-going product commercial performance, market conditions and industry trends. The primary role will be to own the generation and continuing management of a comprehensive and market responsive roadmap for the products, with well-defined commercial objectives. The Product Manager is responsible for the product content (the what ) and the timing to market (the when ) of the products.
Tasks May Include
* The Product Manager will have an in-depth understanding of the industry and the market which is served by the products and will be responsible for assimilating this knowledge across the global Software business, and communicating it to senior management and the product team.
* Ownership of the scope and timeline for bringing new or updated product/module/functionality to the market. Lead the charge toward new methods of delivery of our products, into a more Web-based offering, utilizing Cloud computing capabilities, and moving to a Software as a Service model.
* Coordinating the on-going input of business leaders and product teams to collate current product market status, market positioning and future market requirements for the product and progressing these into the short term development plans
* Owning and developing the 5 year product roadmap.
* Actively communicating with clients and the wider industry on the product s capabilities, future direction and actively canvassing their input to the product, including work on joint industry projects
Taking ownership of post-release product performance: Monitoring sales numbers and elevating any concerns or deviations against budgets or projections used to support the business plan. Working with the Support team, to track customer satisfaction levels and help address concerns. * Monitoring product commercial performance, including the performance relative to the investment business case presented for new functionality and presenting this to senior management
* Tracking market trends and anticipating market changes that could significantly impact the demand for the products or drive the need for extended capability. Communicating the product priorities and required timelines to the Development Managers and technical team members.
* Recommending end-of-life for poorly performing products (or modules) and managing the process
* Leading the definition of Marketing requirements for existing and new products. Coordinating and compiling Sales and Marketing materials to be used across the software business.
* Provide product awareness campaigns (for example literature and webinars) within the Software business and to external clients to ensure full understanding of product capabilities and how it can benefit clients
* Defining licensing structures that fit the business model and business culture of each region. Recommending license pricing, including regional variations where appropriate. This includes current model of software products, as well as future web and cloud based service offerings.,
* Being a champion for the products across the business and in the industry
What We\'re Asking
* Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Software, Computer Science, or Engineering background
Must have at least 8 years of increasing experience in developing and managing software products, and managing a multi-year roadmap
Must have experience in Oil & Gas industry, specifically gas/liquid pipelines, transmission and distribution.
Must be willing to travel at least 25% of the year (Domestically and Internationally) * We conduct pre-employment drug and background check screening
* Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus but not required
Experience in product management of a cloud or web based offering (PaaS, SaaS) * Volunteer leadership role in industry organizations / consortiums / etc.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V