Product Manager, Kohler Brand Colored Kitchen sinks - Kohler, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BASIC FUNCTION
Responsible for complete management of the Colored Sinks category from creation of new products through their removal from the product line. Is the leader for the Colored Sinks product line business. Decisions made on products produced, manufacturing capacities, marketing strategies, outside purchases, and the need for engineering consultants will be largely influenced by the data and analysis generated by and recommendations made by the Product Manager.
Responsible for planning and directing the company's short and long-range marketing programs. Develop plans and programs, for K&B Americas marketing programs, pricing and product line development. Functionally direct the product line promotional activities of branch sales personnel. Coordinate and work closely with all headquarters departments, including Sales, Advertising, Materials, Forecasting, Operations, Engineering, Accounting, Legal and Traffic. Operate as the recognized central authority on all marketing matters related to assigned products. Responsible for development and implementation of enduring objectives related to product line development with management objectives, both long- and short-term, and develop strategies necessary to achieve objectives over specific time spans.
1. Develop long-term marketing plans for Colored Sinks product lines. Incorporate sales, advertising, research and promotional efforts required to meet current and projected market objectives.
2. Prepare annual marketing plans for Colored Sinks products, including market strategy, incentive promotions, sales forecast, projected market penetration and budget estimates.
3. Develop short-term product marketing programs to obtain business in line with product sales forecasts and profit objectives.
4. Manage product prices, terms of sale and discounts recognizing our objectives and our competition.
5. Provide Market Research with market demand projections to guide the preparation of forecasts. Work with Operations to ensure needed product supply at the lowest possible product cost while maintaining quality standards.
6. Develop Authorized Corporate Transaction reports for new product introduction.
7. Provide Program Manager with information to guide promotional activities of branch sales personnel.
8. Develop and present sales training programs for company sales representatives and distributor personnel seminars.
9. Develop a personal expertise on assigned product markets including a complete intelligence file on competitors' products, pricing, field activity, customer service channels of market distribution and end user preferences. Become familiar with the Stainless Steel Sinks product materials, manufacturing, packaging, transportation and promotions.
10. Approve the manufacture and establish prices for modified products as requested by branch sales offices.
11. Review and approve engineering change requests to products.
12. Develop plans for introducing and discontinuing products in line with the marketing group's long-range market objectives.
13. Coordinate the development of effective packaging, advertising, sales and incentive programs, sales displays, trade show displays, and publicity programs.
14. Provide Product Engineering with market preference and trends on products considered for development or redesign.
15. Maintain high level of communications with branch personnel.
16. Relate and recommend changes in established market distribution and strategy as necessitated by market and consumer preferences.
17. Provide Materials operations with information on specific changes in product demand so production and inventory levels can be adjusted accordingly.
18. Ensure the preparation and distribution of product bulletins, installation instructions, technical publications, general literature and promotional material.
19. Coordinate the interpretation of plumbing codes and distribution of this information to the field sales organization.
20. Seek legal advice from corporate counsel to ensure propriety of pricing mechanism, trademarks, product labeling, policies and contractual agreements.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
1. Reports to Marketing Manager-Kitchen Products.
2. Supervises one direct reports.
i Market Analyst - Colored Sinks
1. Frequent contact with Product Engineering and Industrial Design regarding the development of new products or changes in existing products.
2. Frequent contact with Advertising and Promotional Services to obtain advertising and promotional support consistent with the marketing plan.
3. Frequent contact with Branch Managers and sales executives regarding market penetration, new product justification, changes in existing products, promotional programs, etc.
4. Moderately frequent contact with the Controller-K&B Americas regarding the development of budget and capital expenditure schedules and the performance of the department.
5. Moderately frequent contact with the Legal Department.
External Business Relationships:
1. Attend trade shows, exhibits, seminars and marketing conferences.
2. Discuss new products, materials and purchased products with sales and technical representatives from outside Kohler Co.
3. Contact with inventors to review and evaluate their ideas and products.
4. Contact customers to obtain market information on product sales and market trends. Includes distributors, builders, consumers, architects, engineers, plumbing contractors, O.E.M. users and retail outlets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business or a related subject.
4-6 years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Channel Management, and/or Product Development with progressively more responsibility and a track record of results.
Strong analytical skills, strong spreadsheet knowledge, strong written and verbal communication skills.
Experience managing a strong, well-known brand.
Previous supervisory or coaching experience.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.