Product Manager 8/18/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are the globe's leading manufacturer of mechanical power equipment products for agriculture and commercial landscape applications.
We are also one of the most innovative hardware and software firms in this general industry. Our cloud based programs are cutting edge. We are seeking to immediately hire a Product Manager with strong technical skills in terms of electronics, computers and web-based software. The Product Manager will be responsible for managing a key new innovative product line, as well as supporting and expanding the existing sales channel. The position is based out of Southern, CA and is open for immediate placement.
The Product Manager will be expected to:
* Work with the field sales team and dealer channel to drive product line sales growth and profitability.
* Develop strategy, plans and materials for new product/feature launches working with Ag Marketing.
* Develop product marketing materials to help drive sales working with Ag Marketing.
* Regularly meet, in the field, with resellers to support their sales, marketing and customer service efforts.
* Provide remote (phone or email) pre-sales and post-sales technical support to resellers and key growers.
* Support the expansion of sales/service channel by identifying, training and supporting new resellers in conjunction with Ag SBU management.
* Develop and implement reseller training kick-off and development programs.
* Develop customer training materials from technical documents and presentations/webinars to online videos and tutorials in accordance with Corporate Identity requirements.
* Develop product presentations, coordinating with our sales force and customers.
* Develop an in-depth knowledge of competitive market share, positioning, pricing and programs.
* Identify market research needs and manage that activity through completion.
* Gather customer feedback, directly and by attending key customer and industry events and share with appropriate Ag personnel.
WE ARE SEEKING SOMEONE WITH EXCEPTIONAL BACKGROUND IN MARKETING WITH A SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT FIRM, A CONSUMER ELECTRONICS OR WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY FIRM, OR A CLOUD BASED APPLICATIONS FIRM.
* 5+ years of combined sales, marketing, channel management and product development experience.
* Strong technical skills in terms of electronics, computers and web-based software.
* Superior written & oral communications and supervisory abilities.