Product Manager (Medical Devices)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONClient will consider US Citizens and Green Card Holders. Relocation assistance is available.
SUMMARY OF POSITION WITH GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for the coordination of $30M P&L relating to the product management process including cradle-to-grave lifecycle management.
* Ability to drive a business with full P&L responsibility. Manages full life-cycle of products by championing product portfolio by keeping abreast of regulatory and other market events including anticipating next gen product demand features and proposes product line enhancements, extensions, ancillary products that will drive demand and address clinical needs and ensure the best patient outcomes.
* Drives product evolution including product training and launches and does post-market surveillance, recommending any product modifications. Remains abreast of customer service and other quality issues and serves as point person to ensure that any adverse events are addressed. May orchestrate clinical trials.
* Represents at trade shows, demos and other events.
* Integrates Voice of the Customer (VOC) and compiles primary and secondary research. Identifies and outlines product features and benefits, works with R&D to provide product scope, use cases, and other technical specifications/design documents. Performs supervisory responsibilities for direct reports, including but not limited to, performance reviews, recommending salaries and promotions, training, interviewing and hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
* Provides technical support and training. Generates dashboard and other metrics and reports and distributes and/or presents to management team. Also may presents at other business meetings to internal staff, customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
* Works collaboratively and cross-functionally with regulatory, other areas of marketing, legal, customer advocacy, regulatory, R&D, customer service,manufacturing/production, etc. to ensure product compliance/adherence with regulatory and other standards and internal policies. Anticipates product usage/availability and maintains adequate productions levels. Puts plans in place to proactively prevent shortfalls in inventory, and when necessary, readily develops plans to mitigate product shortage/out-of-stock situations and communicates cross-functionally so that all stakeholders are aware of the mitigation plan and are equipped to competently deal with it.
* Coordinates with team members, internal and external suppliers and outside professionals to ensure project output meet users' needs as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
* Ability to identify and build relationships with KOLs for the purpose of validating/representing product technology and lending credibility through webcasts, speaking events/venues, collateral, white papers, case studies, other testimonials, etc.
* Reviews and analyzes costs/COGs in order to identify and implement cost improvements/cost-containment measures and/or expense reduction (such as elimination of low-usage or redundant products to reduce inventory, operational and carrying costs).
* Creates, tracks and meets product launch schedules. Plans and product portfolio budget.
* Coordinates and/or guides all aspects of product development for product line.
* Creates or guides downstream marketing including development of marketing collateral and PR.
1. Bachelors of Science Degree in a related field is ideal. Master's degree is preferred.
2. 3-5 years of prior experience as a full-fledged Product Manager of a Medical Devices product portfolio driving market penetration and sales for a 510K-approved/RDA-regulated products with full P$L responsibility is required.
3. 5 total years experience at a medical devices manufacturer is required. Orthopedic experience is preferred.
4. Demonstrated ability to proactively research, plan/orchestrate, price, evangelize/market, forecast, monitor and execute end-of-life strategies is required. Ability to independently work with outside medical and technical professionals.
5. Strong written and verbal communicating skills with ability to present in front or small and large audiences in a well researched, confident and compelling manner.
6. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with a focus on influencing others who are not direct reports to perform tasks on time and within budget.
7. Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment as leader or member of a cross-functional team, as well as ability to independently function in the technical subject matter expert role.
8. Good project management skills.
9. Strong ability to analyze and use technical data and resources.