This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
Product Management Team | New York, NY
Your goal to improve the education process and better the lives of students through the development of a world class, self-directed writing assistance platform
Organization: Chegg Writing Tools
The goal of the Writing Services Team is to provide students with effective writing solutions to better their academic careers. Currently composed of 4 of the largest student citation services in the world - EasyBib.com, citationmachine.net, bibme.org, and citethisforme.com, the team reaches students from all over the world. The sites each have millions of unique visitors a year (almost 30 million combined), and has the potential to make an even larger impact on students lives throughout the world.
The product team is central to Chegg -- as they play the most important role of managing and building the products that users interact with. It is a team comprised of Product Managers, UX Designers and User Experience Researchers. The team influences the development of every product, outlines the product roadmap while championing both the user and the business needs.
Role: Product Manager
Chegg is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help define, build and manage a new line of writing services that will deeply broaden the value of our popular citation sites. You will be part of a passionate team that is focused on increasing students career and college readiness by improving their writing, communication, and critical thinking skills. In doing so you will expand the value that Chegg provides to students within the writing process. You will work in concert with the business, marketing, engineering, user research, and design teams to prioritize varied product opportunities, measure the success of existing products and expand our reach and revenue. If you re interested in growing a strong brand and product, helping students write more effectively, and want to make an impact on the bottom line, this role is the one for you.
Responsibilities include and will not be limited to:
* Define a product strategy for the Writing Tools team that continually increases the value we provide to students with their writing process in line with the organization s business goals
* Define product requirements, manage product roadmaps and provide clarity of product concepts through user stories, wireframes, etc.
* Continually gain consumer and market insight through user research, surveys and competitive analysis
* Act as the student advocate within all product efforts, ensuring the product team stays committed to education, efficacy and delivering an exceptional experience
* Work closely with internal teams (business, marketing, user research, and design) to prioritize and groom the product backlog based on scope, cost, user value and business impact
* Continually work with the business team to ensure optimal balance of scope, schedule and resource allocation
* Help define success metrics, reporting needs and ensure tracking is in place for all product programs
* Support product launch by measuring and optimizing user acquisition, conversion, retention and revenue generation
* Experience bringing new products to market
* 5+ years of B2C product management experience
* Demonstrated expertise in product management concepts such as customer development, prototyping, user research, lean product management, and agile development
* Experience working closely with software development teams, designers, researchers and business leaders
* Strong blend of technical, management, creative, and marketing skills
* Highly competent using analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
* Strong communication, project management and team building skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, goals and deadlines
* Detail oriented, analytical, and comfortable with numbers
* Experience working with product management tools such as Github
* Experience working with distributed development teams
* Bachelor s degree
* Understanding of the typical challenges faced by students when writing such as grammar, writing style, plagiarism, research, paper structure/outline and thesis statement creation
* Demonstrated passion and a keen understanding of techniques and pedagogies used to improve students writing, reading and critical thinking skills a plus.
* Clear understanding of the student writing process
* Experience in SaaS services and recurring revenue models
* Familiarity with A/B testing tools and techniques
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG and has 900+ employees with offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Portland, New York, Provo, Atlanta, Israel, and Ukraine and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. Chegg Student Hub Services Include: Chegg Study, Chegg Tutoring, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions.
LIFE AT CHEGG: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH*V=YYHNKWID7OO
CHEGG BENEFITS: HTTP://WWW.CHEGG.COM/JOBS/BENEFITS
CHEGG FOR GOOD: HTTP://BLOG.CHEGG.COM/CATEGORY/CHEGG-FOR-GOOD/
GLASSDOOR BEST PLACES TO WORK 2015: HTTP://BIT.LY/GDBPTW
For more information, visit WWW.CHEGG.COM
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1937