Product Manager (PRINT) 8/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Nuance, we are hard at work creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do. As a leading provider of voice and natural language understanding solutions, we design the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. We partner with the best and largest companies around the world including car manufacturers, mobile carriers, banks, hospitals, and airlines to improve service, make their businesses and products run more smoothly, and create a better experience for their customers. Built into contemporary systems, our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate, reduce complicated processes into simple ones, and, above all, empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them.
Our solutions make people s lives easier at home, in the office, and on-the-go, so that they can spend their time on the things that matter most to them.
This Product Manager is a single contributor reporting to the Director of Product Management for Print Products. The Print team is one of four Product Management teams within the Nuance Document Imaging organization. While not a direct reporting relationship, the role will require close collaboration with the other product management teams: Capture, Core Technologies, and Professional (legal) products.
As a Product Manager within the Print team, you will be responsible for leading the cross-functional team charged with delivering next generation products and solutions deemed necessary for the continued success and financial growth of the Company. Nuance Communications is a leader in imaging technologies, both within the capture and print space, and, as such is uniquely positioned in the market to provide customers with a suite of offerings that meets all of their imaging needs. We are looking for a seasoned product leader with demonstrated experience in the Print management market. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills, have a proven history in delivering industry benchmark software offerings and work cross-functionally to bring Nuance Imaging into the future with a next generation integrated platform. This individual contributor must possess a strong background in matrix management and will interact daily with key global managers in the other PM teams, R&D, Sales, Support, business development, and Marketing. The keys to success for this position is to be a leader who can act on a global level to properly capture the needs of customers, prospects and channel partners; align and prioritize these needs to the growth objectives of the Company, clearly document and communicate these requirements to the cross-functional team for implementation and subsequent delivery, and drive successful launch of the products.
The key responsibilities of the Product Manager role include:
* Communicate product planning and vision: Drive a multi-generational product plan detailing a multi-year vision for the product as well as drive business case documents and product requirement documents (PRDs) detailing specific needs for new and on-going program success and on-going backlog management. Collaborate closely with Product Management team to ensure alignment between products and offerings.
* Product line leadership: Provide cross-functional team leadership as well as represent the product suite in external events and customer opportunities. Collaborate with key internal constituents in Engineering, Finance, Operations, Sales, Business Development, Professional Services, Corporate Communications and Support to align vision, execution needs as well as contribute to day-to-day operational success of the product. The product manager is considered the product evangelist and subject matter expert.
* Report product performance: Drive the monitoring and active reporting of product line KPIs and represent these metrics to senior management.
* Commercial readiness and success: Drive the internal readiness activities for product launches across all corporate departments. Contribute to the creation of key product readiness materials for Sales and partner consumption such as whitepapers, presentations, training content and any other materials deemed necessary for the successful adoption and sell-through of the product line.
The successful profile for the Product Manager would include the following characteristics:
* Proven ability to bring product to market, managing products and product portfolios throughout their life cycle from concept through end of life.
* Demonstrated experience capturing product requirements and documenting needs in both workflow and agile development environments.
* Demonstrated experience capturing voice of the customer and balancing customer needs with corporate objectives, partner requirements, and other product inputs.
* Strong technical background: working knowledge of contemporary development methodologies and enterprise product implementation requirements.
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal, effectively tailoring communications to convey information and excitement to a wide variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical; as well as leaders, influencers, customers, and colleagues.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively get along with and lead diverse personalities across multiple locations around the world.
* Experience working within an international indirect sales model, ideally through hardware-based partner sales channels.
* Willingness/ability to travel (domestic and international)
The successful profile for the Product Manager preferably also includes the following characteristics:
* Previous product management experience with Print products. In addition, experience with Capture products preferred.
* Strong financial skills including establishing product price, ASP analytics, cost of sales (i.e. royalty management), etc.
* Ability in UX design including usability, flow, and wire-framing to clearly communicate conceptual designs.
* Previous product management experience with hosted or cloud-based offerings, subscription models, and/or middleware solutions.
* Experience managing a product SDK/APIs with community derived solutions integrating back into core platform
* Experience working within or with large, multi-national companies as an employee, partner, and/or customer
* Thorough knowledge of contracting and licensing processes with the ability to effectively design, implement, train, and drive adoption of new pricing strategies and license models.
* Served as product manager for an enterprise-class product in any of the following markets: Content Management, Document Capture, Business Process Automation, Enterprise Resource Planning, Output Management, or Enterprise Mobile applications.
* Experience working within a Product Management Framework (such as SiriusDecisions PMM model) with proven success in delivering customer-centric product offerings optimized for direct and indirect sales channels.
* Technical and/or or field knowledge in the Office Document Hardware (multifunction devices and printers) segment (i.e. Xerox, Ricoh, HP, etc).