Product Manager - Pharma - Nutrition Manufacturing 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Business Manager is responsible for developing, directing and achieving the short and long-term objectives and strategies for the Specialty Phosphates product line(s) including optimization of assets acts as team lead and coach to team members.
* May manage a small number of direct reports. Responsible for coaching and developing direct reports, and non-direct report team members or peers, to achieve business objectives and communicate performance standards in accordance with the companies' Mission, Vision and Values.
II. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: APPROXIMATE % OF TIME
* Develop short and long term strategy and plans for the business that includes
* Understanding and analysis of market/industry trends
* Understanding and analysis of competitive set and share trends
* Understanding and analysis of customer segmentation, customer needs, and consumer/customer trends
* Understanding and analysis of the global economy including key geographic areas and their impact on the company and specific businesses; this includes market attractiveness and regulatory and legal awareness
* Establish and manage product/brand image, position, and price
* On-going monitoring of key data including share, volume, costs, etc.; communicate trends and actions to mgt.
* Develop communication materials that reflect the brand positioning and image.
* Work with supply chain group to optimize the supply chain strategy for the asset obtain resources, collaborate with R develop long term strategies to support technology resource allocation
* Provides support for all safety and environmental initiatives
* Proactively attempts to prevent all accidents and eliminates all unsafe conditions
* Demonstrates management's commitment to safety
Indicate the principal contacts within the company, excluding those with the immediate supervisor or subordinates, and external contacts. Summarize the nature or purpose of these contacts.
* Supply Chain VP : Proposing long term supply strategy and monitoring daily operations
* Operations VP : Optimization of asset returns & strategy consistent with business objectives and utilization of technology
* R&D VP : Alignment on new product development, product enhancements resource for customer interface and competitive intelligence; monitor customer/product inquiries and provide input and resources.
* Plant Managers: Alignment of product strategy with mfg. execution; ensure mfg. capability to meet market requirements
* Leadership Team: Frequent contact to recommend and propose business strategy and plans, provide updates, obtain resources and ensure flow of information about the business.
* Key Customers as coordinated with sales/commercial team
* Industry /Product Associations or Organizations (regulatory, lobbying,)
* Existing or potential partners for the asset/technology (subcontractors, suppliers, JV partners, potential acquisition partners)
DEGREE OF AUTONOMY
Indicate the factors which determinate the degree of autonomy of the job regarding policies, procedures, regulations, directives, supervision, hierarchical control frequency and nature of reporting your activities.
- Day to day autonomy for implementation of asset related projects when approved by the management committee.
-Operate with guidance from VP ability to influence decision makers and influence peers/team members to accomplish objectives.
* Global awareness and experience
* Strong analytical skills including P&L understanding, financial modeling and forecasting
* Self-motivated with the ability to operate in a complex matrix organization with limited resources