Product Manager - Small Business
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Reporting to Director of Business Banking Strategy Implementation and Integration within the Business Banking Segment. Driven by client insights and in alignment with Segment strategies, directs the development and ongoing management of Small Business Banking Segment business deposit and credit products to Small Business Banking companies. This individual will be part of the Business Banking Segment team with input and responsibility for the planning and execution of initiatives that ensure that business deposit and credit products are responsive to emerging client needs and the competitive environment. Partners with other product managers in other segments on deposit and credit product management functions. Brings product and systems knowledge to help drive innovation. Ensures business deposit and credit product features are consistent with segment value propositions and financial objectives. Actively engages with Treasury, Operations, Services teams, Technology, Credit, Compliance and CE to ensure products/features are profitable and competitive. Works closely with Credit and Treasury to identify pricing alternatives. Accountable for the ongoing management of effective product solutions in support of assigned client value propositions. Ensures that deposit and credit product offerings provide client solutions across the business continuum from simple to complex needs.
* Strategic Leadership -- Assists in the development and execution of the strategic plan. Drives a focused communication flow and implementation effort across the organization with ongoing strategies and programs to support revenue growth; Ensures quality execution of the underwriting process while pursuing appropriate measures to maintain asset quality; Partners with Segment team to evaluate credit effectiveness. Closely monitors regulatory and competitive developments to provide insight into the development of product plans and related Segment strategic/operating plans. Recommends specific product opportunities including their relative market opportunity and revenue potential to Segment leadership. Identifies specific product initiatives to realize Segment strategies, meets Segment revenue/profitability targets along with working closely with Segment, Technology, Marketing and Finance to build business cases and budget projections for these initiatives.
* Portfolio Management -- Translates organizational and client relationship profitability objectives into discrete product profitability, focusing on achieving shareholder value and client satisfaction objectives
* Service Quality -- Maintains training and understanding of Key services regarding various planning concepts to ensure the best and most appropriate solutions are offered to the client base. Works closely with Operations, Technology, Compliance and Segment to ensure that new/enhanced products are delivered in accordance to design specifications, budget guidelines, risk management and execution timelines.
* Portfolio Quality -- Ensures that pricing options drive acceptable profitability goals while improving portfolio overall risk characteristics. Identify and communicate best practices. Acts as point person for regulatory reporting for segment.
* Improvement in the following vs. plan and prior year on assigned products: Net income and loan balance growth
* Demonstrate ability to manage product programs, promotions, direct mail and reporting
* Demonstrate ability to fully understand product benefits, systems and financials
* Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with a broad range of constituents outside of Product
* Strong project management skills for implementation of new and ongoing programs and activities
* Ability to analyze and evaluate effectiveness of programs and activities
* Computer skills required: proficiency in a windows environment, including spreadsheet analysis, database, presentation and project management software
* Knowledge and use of data mining tools is a plus
* Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
* Ability to interpret policy and procedure
* Ability to manage team
* BA or equivalent with specialty in finance, accounting, economics or related field
* Comprehensive understanding of the financial services industry, specifically, extensive knowledge of Commercial credit and business deposits.
* Demonstrated high level of financial acumen, team building skills and decision/solution effectiveness
* Strong consulting, communication and interpersonal skills
* 10+ years demonstrated experience in small business product management including deposits and credit portfolio
* Demonstrated success using a team oriented management style in a matrix-oriented organization
* Strong knowledge of banking products and related regulations and ability to anticipate and adjust for macro and micro changes in the environment
* Proven ability to lead and champion change
* Proven creativity and ability to participate in innovative efforts
* MBA or Graduate Degree, preferred
Special Position Requirements
* Must be able to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time
* Must be able to work in an office environment
* Maintain and commit to a predetermined work schedule
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position
* Ability to open and lift 5-10 lbs frequently throughout the day
* Travel required within footprint
* Travel percentage 10%
726 Exchange Street, Buffalo, New York 14210
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled